Friday, May 11, 2012

Our First Few Days...

Well, it looks like my project of cleaning all of the interior windows and blinds is going to take me about a month, so I might as well take a break!

We made it!  Pappy picking us up at the airport in Baltimore.
Photobucket

He gave Nathan his Readers Digest :)
Photobucket

The 2 hour and 45 min trip home actually went quite well thanks to this apple.
Photobucket

The boy REFUSES to eat these at home, but he saw Pappy munching on one so he decided to just eat it like pappy.  It kept him occupied most of the way! He ate it down to the CORE.  (We actually think he might have eaten some of the core!)  I think he was really hungry.
Photobucket

We stopped at Sheetz too for a snack and gas.  It was pouring down rain and dad ran with Nathan into the store.  When we got in there I tried to take him back so I could change his diaper and he started crying because he wanted Pappy!  My goodness...that didn't take long! :)  This was a major plus for me.  In fact, that very night mom took Nathan to the car wash to get dad and he just turned and waved goodbye to me like "see ya later, mama!" ha ha.   

Sunday after church we went to Country Cupboard.  A delicious, fun treat!  Nathan got a wooden nickel...they were doing this when David and I were kids.  Kids get to buy 5 pieces of candy with their wooden nickel.  Nathan loved it.  Here he is enjoying his lollipop on the way home!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I was told his eyes were closed until I started taking pictures :)
Photobucket

He wasn't quite ready to be up from his nap I don't think.
Photobucket

That evening after we all napped, we headed up to Pap and Gram Berry's with David, Age & Colin.  We were surprised to find Aunt Deb, Uncle Bill and Aunt Sandy there too!  Then Uncle John and Michelle came over later...it worked out perfect!  Nathan thought so too because we ordered pizza.  His favorite.
Photobucket

After two days of very little sleep for a 20 month old, Nathan was pretty tired and slap happy.  And his cousin Colin was cracking him up!
 Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Also, he loves his Aunt Age.
Photobucket
He was immediately going up to her over everyone else in the room as though they were long lost buds.

Uncle John has the Berry touch when it comes to kiddos.  They love him and he loves them :)  It really is a gift.
Photobucket

Michelle letting Nathan pet Sophie!
Photobucket

I think the lack of sleep was catching up to him.  We got home that night and he started to sound sick and wouldn't go down on his own, so I brought him to bed with me.
Photobucket
It actually worked for him to sleep all night with me!  When it's both Matt and I he usually gets all giggly or just doesn't sleep well.  He must have liked all that room without Matt!

Monday night we went to David & Age's for dinner.  He loved playing with Colin in his room...and tickling his back :)
Photobucket

Giving Colin hugs!
Photobucket

Ha ha.  Colin put up with it so well!
Photobucket

Even from his pappy!
Photobucket

Pappy's boys.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Nathan likes Colin's hair.
Photobucket

Colin's piggy that is like the one Grandma got Nathan.  Nathan recognized it and wanted to put change in it so Colin is shaking it out for him.
Photobucket

More Melhorn love!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Ha ha...Nathan wasn't done hugging Colin.
Photobucket

Uncle Dave flipping Nathan about.  He loved it, of course.
Photobucket

More play.
Photobucket

The next day was Grandma Melhorn AND Age's birthday!  We took Grandma out for breakfast.
Photobucket

And Age out for dinner.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Age, pretty sure I found a card for you in my card box the other day.  Last year I got the brilliant idea to buy all cards for a year and then have them ready to go...it was quite an investment!  Guess about how many actually made it to people????  So sorry.  I think it said about how lucky I am to have you as a sister 'n law.  Even though you didn't get the card...I still am!

Sat him between the grandparents.  Brilliant.
Photobucket

Stopped in at the car wash.  Mom and Dad were having a "meeting".  I tried to go in the office and out of the lobby with Nathan, but he insisted on going out with pappy.
Photobucket

And you wonder why he likes him?  The kid gets licorice!
Photobucket
He seems content enough.

And not a distraction at all :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Watching the cars go through the conveyor.
Photobucket

They look like they both have Kleen Mist shirts on :)
Photobucket

Well, this seems like a good stopping place!  Hope you enjoyed.

3 comments:

mmncgrand said...

Yes, I did enjoy!!! It is fun seeing all your family. They must love it when you are there with Nathan. Nathan seems pretty content with all of them.

Pap and Gram said...

It sure was a great time. We enjoy the pictures so much. I know, Sonya that it takes a lot of your time but we do so enjoy them. I didn't comment on the last set buy you know I see them all and lots of them several times. Love Ya all Pap and Gram

Matt and Sonya said...

Grandma J- Good! So glad you like it. Yes, I think they enjoy it :)

Gram- I know you see them all :) And thanks, it makes it worth all of the time for you to enjoy it. Ones of you and pap with him coming up soon!