Saturday, May 12, 2012

Last Days in Pennsylvania

David, Age & Colin & Pap & Gram came over for lunch on Sunday.  We sent dad to church with Nathan that morning!  He did great :)  The cold was wiping me out.

Nathan was happy to see his cousin again.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Best seat in the house!
Photobucket

Photobucket

The boys were funny to watch (and hear) playing together!  Colin did a good job of occupying Nathan.
Photobucket

Grandma brought the quilt she made for my cousin's husband, Jeremiah.  It was quite impressive!
Photobucket

She used pictures that Jen gave her to customize it.
Photobucket
Gram is a talented, crafty lady!

Mom & son.  Happy Mother's Day, Age!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think I get this picture every time I'm home.  Pappy and his boys.
Photobucket

Colin was reading us a comic.
Photobucket

Not their best shot, but it works!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Giving his Uncle Dave a kiss goodbye.  So sweet.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Typical Nathan...
Photobucket

Gabbing away...
Photobucket
My parents think he's in trouble with Matt and I as parents! ha ha :)

He loves his pappy.
Photobucket

Aww...
Photobucket

That evening we went to Lowe's to get a few flowers to plant.
Photobucket
I found Dad and Nathan in the fountains.  Dad took a video on his iPhone of him playing in every single one!  I wish I had it to show you here.

Then we went to Walmart to have Dad help mom and I pick out a bigger truck for Nathan and some matchboxes.  Mom and I tried at Target but we needed a man's input.   Nathan had some choices and this is the one he wanted!
Photobucket

Opening it up at home with pappy.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I think I had just changed Nathan.  Dad took some pictures of us.
Photobucket

I love this kiddo.
Photobucket

"MMMMwaaaahhh!"  He gives the best kisses.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Grandma took him to Ollie's (it's a gem of a store) earlier in the week.  This is what she came home with for him!  She claims he picked it out :)
Photobucket
Pappy put him in the back of Nathan's truck and now that's where Nathan thinks it has to go!

Photobucket
His gardening bag with shovel, claw and water bottle is in the background.  Grandma and him never did get to plant flowers but he loves that thing...especially the water bottle!

All week he was playing with David's old dump trucks, tow trucks and fire truck.  So we decided he needed some wheels of his own.  He does like his wheels.
Photobucket

On Monday, Nathan and mommy spent time together while everyone else worked.  Actually, he had a really nice long nap while I got some time to myself and then we headed to the mall.

He's a clown.  That's mom's ladle.
Photobucket

Then we went to the car wash.
Photobucket
Uncle Dave showing him the car washing process.

Photobucket

Photobucket

These two were cute.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Hard at work.
Photobucket

David showing him how to snap a rubber band at his mommy!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Then Nathan and I went to check out townhouses for sale in the area.  Not planning to move, just curious.
Photobucket
Nathan scoped the place out.

David, Age & Colin stopped over that night to say goodbye before we flew out the next day.
Photobucket

Photobucket

They were going through David's matchboxes making sure there weren't any he wanted to keep.
Photobucket
Down memory lane we went...!

Then we launched Colin's motorcycles down the hallway.
Photobucket

Nathan thought it was hilarious.  I have a video of this as well that we need to post.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Next morning.  Saying bye to Pappy.
Photobucket
Mom making faces...ha ha.  Nathan LOVES to tease her!

Photobucket

Love the racoon on dad's shoulder :)
Photobucket

Mom and Nathan in the parking garage at the airport.
Photobucket

Again we scored an extra seat on the plane so we could take his car seat and AGAIN they let mom go through security and to the gate with us!  Saying goodbye to Grandma.  I love this picture.  Kisses.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Can you tell he is a tease?
Photobucket
 A tease who loves his Grandma.  He has "Gramma" down very well.  He says it so sweetly too.  He said it to Grandma Berry too.

On the plane, playing with his new matchbox cars.
Photobucket

And the iPad again.
Photobucket
This was an even longer flight but again he fell asleep about the last hour.  Again I had to use the iPad to get him there.  So grateful for sleep on the plane!

I wondered how he would greet his daddy.  If he would act excited or just play it cool.  He just played it cool!  Like he didn't care.  What a boy.  Mommy was happy to see him!
Photobucket

We know he did care :)
Photobucket
I'm glad it wasn't traumatic for him to be without his daddy though.

Gabbing away.
Photobucket

Daddy reading him a book before bed.  Good trip.  Good to be home!
Photobucket

Glad to be done with these posts! Nathan is in desperate need of my attention at the moment. Matt's working this weekend and these 12 day stretches of him working are hard on all of us. He's been working a weekend about once a month. I know we are lucky he doesn't do it more often. AND we are very grateful for the additional income when he does. But, just to be honest...it's still a long stretch!  I'm so glad he worked one of them into our trip home. Have a good weekend all!

2 comments:

mmncgrand said...

Glad both of your plane trips were successful. I am sure that Matt was very happy to have you home. Did you ever get all the windows done? What tip did you learn from the internet? We need to do ours soon. Grandpa does the outside while I do the inside.

Matt and Sonya said...

Hi Grandma J! No, I didn't get anymore done over the weekend but hope to this week. The tip was about the blinds not the windows. If I vacuum the blinds off first, and then go over each blind individually with a cleaner and rag I get much better results! Before I didn't do the vacuuming step and I just had mud because they were so dirty!!! Hopefully after I get them clean I can maintain them just by using the vacuum :) Good luck with the windows!