Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day!

Get ready for a lot of Mommy & Nathan pictures...comes with the day I guess!

On Mother's Day morning I was greeted in bed by the cutest little 20.5 month old there ever was!  He came bounding into the room in this adorable onesie...
Photobucket

ha ha.  SO true!!! ...with a card for his mama!  He was so proud and excited to give it to me.  It was a pretty funny and accurate card with a sweet note from him and my husband inside.  I love my boys.  Then he bounded out of the room and back in again with a shoe box.  He and daddy got me some kicks for Mother's Day!  He was quite proud of them as well.

Matt worked this weekend so we were debating how we wanted Mother's Day to go.  My sweet husband wanted me to take the day to myself, go shopping, get pampered etc.  However, he knew it wouldn't be until the afternoon when he got back from Pueblo (1 hour south of the Springs) where he needed to see a patient.  I thought about just taking Nathan to church by myself but a crowded Mother's Day service, Nathan being reluctant to leave me to go into the nursery and then sitting in the service by myself did not sound that fun.  So Nathan and I decided to go WITH Matt to Pueblo so we would have more time with him.  We headed south and once in Pueblo, Nathan and I dropped Matt off to see his patient while we headed to the park.
Photobucket

Well, it was a bit of a chilly, damp weekend, so it wasn't fabulous.  We thought it would be warmer in Pueblo but weren't anticipating the wet grass and playground equipment!
Photobucket

But he had a good time anyway just running around.  He takes joy in the little things...like rocks on the bottom of the slide!
Photobucket
We didn't have that much time to waste until Matt was done seeing his patient.  It was really nice that he only had that one patient to see.  Most of the time was taken up more in the drive back and forth then the actual visit.  So going with him down there was a great compromise!

We went to Fazoli's for lunch...my choice!
Photobucket

And they gave me a flower.  Although Nathan quickly claimed it! :)
Photobucket

Squinty eyes, crinkled noses...this is what happens when we smile our hardest! :)
Photobucket

Nathan kept smelling the flower.  He likes to do this with flowers and candles.  What can I say?  He spends a lot of time with me!
Photobucket

Photobucket

When he says flower, it sounds like "Flowa".  It's very cute.
Photobucket

So after lunch we headed north.  The plan was to see if he'd fall asleep (it was time for his nap) and if he was still sleeping by the time we hit the Springs we would go on to Castle Rock Outlets or if he was STILL sleeping in Castle Rock, onto Denver!   Well, he woke up just before the outlets, so we stopped there and did some shopping!  Between Nike & Under Armour we did some damage, but it was fun!  (I haven't updated our budget yet, ha!)  Then we went on north to the Park Meadows Mall and did a little more shopping.  My maternity wardrobe is a little different this time around then with Nathan.  Those days our money went towards skirts, dresses and blouses!  This time I found myself looking for yoga pants, tank tops and zip sweatshirts! ha ha!  Sorry mom, I will still look nice some but I want to be comfortable when Nathan and I are traipsing around! In a cute way of course.  Plus, heels aren't going as well this time as last time either.  You think having a pregnant belly throws your balance off?  Try a pregnant belly AND a 30 pound toddler!

So we headed home after grabbing dinner in the food court.  Our son was EXHAUSTED, so much for a 3 hour nap on this day, but he did amazing.  (We just paid for it on Monday) :)   Here he is clutching his soccer ball from the Nike outlet on our way home.  He doesn't look happy, but he is. :)
Photobucket

Apparently while it rained in Colorado Springs, it snowed in the mountains!  Pike's Peak looked awesome on the way home from Denver.
Photobucket
Not that you can tell here, but take my word for it.

The little man slept on the way home but you could tell he was still wiped.  We brought him in from the car and he just wanted to cuddle.
Photobucket

I'm not complaining.
Photobucket
What happened to my baby?  Matt was saying how big he looked in my arms.

I love him.
Photobucket

Showing me the clock on his shirt.  And saying "cock"
Photobucket

Photobucket

He was wanting to read his Curious George books from Nana.  He is a big fan of George these days...and he likes to say "George" too.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Getting TICKLED!!
Photobucket

Love his kisses!  "MMMwahh!
Photobucket


I feel so blessed to have the privilege of being a mother.  It's a more difficult, yet more rewarding job then I ever would have imagined!  I am overwhelmed at the graciousness of the Lord to allow me to be carrying another wonderful life inside of me. How will my heart handle two wonderful little boys???!!!  I'm so glad Matt and I are sharing this responsibility together.  It is amazing what you learn about yourself while raising a child! Scary, actually! I know I am the farthest thing from a perfect mother and I mess up everyday, but I just want my children to know they are loved completely by us just for being them, but more importantly, that they are loved that much more by their Heavenly Father.  I don't want my worth to be established by being their mother, but for it to be established as a daughter of the King.  Because in loving them that way, it WILL point them to our Lord.  This is not an easy job!  One day at a time...

Matt is so affirming of my role as a mom, I could not do it without him.  Thank you for an awesome Mother's Day, Babe!  And thanks for being flexible enough to make any day special, even in the midst of working.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you mom's as well!  You are loved and appreciated more than you know...mom's, grandma's, friends...Tawny, Jessie, Age...love you all!  Sorry, I don't know who all reads, although, on a side note, I just saw that there were 40 views of the blog already today...at noon...that's a lot!  Where's the comments???  How will I know my audience?  :) Grandma Johnson & Grandma Berry, you are off the hook! ha ha!  Love you all

6 comments:

Darci said...

Looks like a fun Mother's Day!!

PS my husband's sister lives in Pueblo...we've yet to visit, but want to.

mmncgrand said...

You and your little man are so cute together Sonya. Thank you Matt for being such a great Daddy and husband. Looks like you made it a fun day for all. I can't wait for another one like Nathan. Love G.G.

The Johnston Family said...

OH MY WORD! I got a shout out on your blog!! Well atleast I hope that was me - not another Jessie you know :) Either way I feel special and so I took the time to visit your ACTUAL blog instead of reading it on google reader, and I AM leaving a comment! :) That's what you get when you mention me by name. Sonya - you are a great mama and looking SO good! And oh my word, Nathan is so happy! Love the pictures - wish you guys were closer! SO BADLY!!!!! Love you guys :)

Pap and Gram said...

I am so glad you had a Happy Mother's day. You are blessed with a terrific husband and loving son. You are a great Mother. We love you all so much. I had a great day also. I seen all of my children and I enjoyed every minute of it. Next year I am going to give my children and their families a special request........Remind me next year HA. We are so glad another is on the way..really soon... Love and prayers Pap and Gram

Anonymous said...

Aw, Sonya, so glad you had a great Mother's Day! Nathan is getting SO BIG!! Love how he smells the flowers... precious!

Bummed you guys won't be able to visit. :( We'll have to keep trying. Maybe we can come out again and meet your new little guy!

Love ya,
Tawny

Matt and Sonya said...

Yay for comments! I love the interaction. I love to hear from you guys and know what's going on...don't like it to feel all about us! :)

Darci- I didn't know this about your sis 'n law. Get your tail out here! :) Kind of easier said then done though with an infant though, huh?

Thanks, Grandma J! love you.

Jessie- ha ha. You make me laugh out loud. It was definitely YOU! I might just have to throw you in every post from here on out :) You actually were off the hook too just because I know you check us on Google Reader :) But I feel very special that you came and visited our blog directly just to comment!!! Miss you friend. Thanks for the kind words!

Glad you had a great Mother's Day, Gram! Your raised those kids of yours right :) What's the special request?

Tawny- :( I know. Miss you two a lot. And REALLY want to meet Wesley! He is so cute. A great blend of the two of you yet uniquely Wesley :)