Monday, September 22, 2008

Last Week

Last Monday night we went to BW3s with Josh & Amber to watch the Eagles vs. Cowboys game. As you know, a good game but a disappointing outcome. Thankfully, the game against the Steelers last night made up for it! Sorry about your luck, Megan :)
Whew! Last week was a busy, but very fun week for us! Every night we had something going on...which is a first for us in our marriage. You see, before we always had something to do, but it usually consisted of going to the library, studying, running errands etc. We rarely just had fun on a school night! And definitely not every night of the week. It's funny to us because it didn't seem that unusual then...it was just all we knew! But we are having fun in this new season of life and marriage.

Tuesday, we went over to our friends, Josh & Amber's, to do Financial Peace University online. We get together every week for this...this week it's at our apartment. For those of you who are not familiar, you have got to check out Dave Ramsey's teachings. Matt and I were told to get his book The Total Money Makeover in premarital counseling. We only had two counseling sessions so the pastor said he wanted to hit the most important issue that you will face in your marriage...finances. Dave Ramsey's inspiration has done wonders for how Matt and I view money and debt. And it has been spectacular for us as a couple because it gives us a plan, and a good plan that we both agree on promotes financial peace in our marriage! I am a huge fan of Dave Ramsey because I am a natural saver anyway. I could go on an on...but I won't do that to you! Just go get the book, check out his website, or listen to his radio station if you want more information. It will change your life.

Wednesday night, Matt went to a seminar in Pueblo for Physical Therapists pertaining to Medicare billing. He thought it was very beneficial!

Thursday night, we went over to a couple's house from the church we have been attending the last few weeks. They were so sweet! We love them. For those of you who do not know the story, we weren't really even looking for a different church when we stumbled across Living Hope. The first two weeks out here, we went to a large church that I was familiar with and enjoyed from my semester in the Springs 4 years ago. But one night, 3 or 4 weeks ago, Matt and I were biking the Santa Fe trail and just as we were getting closer to our apartment, we passed this small church. We had noticed it before, but like I said, we weren't really looking for a different church. For some reason, I suggested to Matt that we just bike over to it and check it out. As we were approaching the front door, a lady came around the corner and we introduced ourselves. She took us in, gave us a tour and introduced us to the ladies' quilting group that was meeting. Everyone was so friendly! And then on our way out we met the Danielson's. They are the couple that invited us to their home on Thursday.

Since that night, we have been attending and have been overwhelmed by the love and friendliness that has been shown to us. Every Sunday, we meet several new people that are excited to meet us. It is so funny because some people would say, "I haven't met you yet, but I've heard about you!" The pastor told us that as well when we met him the very first Sunday we attended. I guess in a small church, word gets around. It is a church of a little over 150. Oh, and on our second Sunday...a lady named Candy made us a chocolate chip cookies! Candy as well as some other attendees have been trying to think of every possible job opportunity for me to pursue. They are so nice!

So anyway, the Danielson's had us over and we talked about their life in the military, their kids and grandkids, Matt's job, and the joys of marriage. It was so evident to us their love for Christ and their love for their family. They are such a neat couple. It was a wonderful time and we felt so blessed that they would invite us into their home.

Friday night, Living Hope actually had a potluck dinner that we attended where we were able to meet and get to know more people from the church. I, of course, called my mom for a quick and easy dish to prepare! Fruit salad it was! We still have not decided if Living Hope will be our church home, but we are certainly enjoying the fellowship so far.

I know some of you have been asking about my job situation. I still do not have one yet. There are a few possibilities out there, but it is not the best time to be looking for a job in this area. Many places are on hiring freezes, or are taking their time to fill an open position. We all know that it is much easier to find a job when you know somebody than to randomly be filling out online applications. So I m trying to network, but no luck yet. Please pray that the right position will come along in God's timing and that I will be prepared for it. And pray that the Lord will give me peace and patience in the meantime! Thank you for your interest in our lives...I will let you know just as soon as I find something!

I'm sorry for all of the narrative and very few pictures. I promise pictures in the next few posts! Love you all!!

2 comments:

mmncgrand said...

Hey, thanks for the pictures. I loved all your narrative. Learned so much about your lives out there. You sound so happy and of course that makes us happy. It is pretty awesome at an Air Force game isn't it? Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I’ve heard you sing Dave Ramsey’s praises more than your own hubby! I mean, don’t get me wrong, I love Dave Ramsey – 3 or 4 years back his ministry completely changed the way our whole family manages money, but you take being a big fan to a whole new level! :) I am glad that you and Matt are having so much fun together in CO and that you have more time on your hands to have some great experiences. You guys deserve it after all your hard work while Matt was in PT school! Love you both, Rosie