Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Okay, so our two year anniversary was a month ago...on August 5th. But we didn't have time to celebrate it with the move and getting settled in! So last Friday night, we went to the Colorado State Fair in Pueblo for our anniversary. How romantic, right? Actually, the reason we went that night was because Colbie Caillat was in concert. She is a singer that I really enjoy so Matt took me to the fair!

And of course, we had to get funnel cake while we were there! Check out the monster truck behind me! More on that soon.


Here is my handsome husband of two years! I love this shirt that we got him at goodwill...and I am afraid I shrunk it today. I'm hoping Matt won't notice!




Colbie's concert. It was really good! She is just as good in concert (if not better) than on her CD.
















Matt dreaming on the left! There were a lot of demo booths like this one. We were checking out the campers too!



And now back to the monster trucks...


After the concert was over and we had walked around the fair and took in the sites we were heading out to leave. Then we hear all of the noise of the Monster Truck Rally finishing up in the stadium. So Matt decides to walk over to the entrance of the stadium where there are these women standing guard so no one gets in. Before I know it, he is asking them how much tickets cost. They told him they stopped selling tickets hours ago so he asked if we could just go in for free then since there were only 20 minutes left. I'm thinking, "what is he doing?" I couldn't imagine why they would let us in. But they acted like they would consider it so I decided to jump in and let them know we had to pay park admission and pay for a concert ticket because we didn't buy our tickets early! That did it! They said we definitely should be able to go in then since we had to pay for both tickets, but to not tell anyone! It was hilarious. Matt told me that a family friend had taught him to do this because they have nothing to lose at the end of an event!

So we had fun watching the ending. These huge trucks were riding over buses and cars and everyone was hooting and hollering. It was funny! And I kept feeling nervous for the drivers as though I was their mom or something. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to pay for the event or sit through the entire thing, but the way it worked for us, was perfect!

It has been a fun two years...I'm looking forward to the next hundred!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Anniversary... I can't believe its been 2 years!!!!!

The balloons are beautiful... I bet it was quite the site!

Love You!