Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Happy 79th Birthday, Pap!

 photo 101me_zps2598736b.jpg
 This was when Matt and I still lived in Indiana and he was in PT school.  Dad & Mom and Pap & Gram came out to visit and we went down to the Indianapolis riverwalk.
  
Pap's birthday was actually yesterday, September 16th.  I just never had the chance to post!  I just felt so grateful that we were celebrating another year of his life on Monday.  God has done such an amazing work in this man's life and he is far, FAR better than we or the doctor's had anticipated!  I talked to him on the phone yesterday while he and Grandma were driving into town for dinner.  He asked how the boys were and Matt just like always!  We had a good conversation and he doesn't seem like he missed a beat at all.  On Sunday, my whole family celebrated his birthday at Country Cupboard.  I wish I could have been there, but again, my heart is just swelling with gratefulness that this man I love so much is doing incredibly well!  Thank you, Lord!

Gram and he even made a trip up to Canada a few weeks ago to visit my Gram's brother and sister 'n law!  I love seeing those two do what they enjoy the most, just getting around and doing their thing :)  Please pray for gram though if you think of it as she has had several issues with her foot/ankle breaking and re-breaking.  It's so hard for her to be immobile.  All she knows how to do is push herself!

A few months ago I had gone through tons of pictures and pulled ones out of my beloved Pap.  I love photos because they ignite memories in my heart.  So I thought on his 79th birthday I'd post a few so you all can see the Pap that I love so dearly.  And you will probably see from these pictures why most any child that crosses his path can't escape his fun and love!

Pap being pap.  Who knows why we was pouring water from one bottle to another!  This was at a picnic at Uncle John's house.
 photo 2007-7-4PicnicatBerrys009_zps04fe780b.jpg

I believe this was at my cousin Jeff and Jessica's wedding!  Pap always makes the in laws feel like family :)  My grandparents have been two of Matt's biggest fans over the years!
 photo IMG_4934_zpsaa3236af.jpg

Pap clowning around with his great grandkids.
 photo IMG_5371_zps2d0fa16c.jpg

 photo IMG_5383_zpsd8cbc9c0.jpg

And they even came out by themselves (my parents couldn't come because my dad got a blood clot in his leg and was forbidden to travel) to Matt's graduation!  They were so proud of him getting his Doctorate of Physical Therapy!  It meant so much to us to have them there.
 photo IMG_6347_zps52cfeb79.jpg

Another picnic.
 photo IMG_7025_zps4f38ee19.jpg

I love these photos of pap with Colin.
 photo IMG_7122_zps704d5993.jpg

He would chase Colin and Colin kept coming back for more, it was so fun!
 photo IMG_7129_zps0ce52f48.jpg

Pap & Grandma celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary!
 photo 027_zpsdeefe416.jpg

 photo 50th042_zpseb14ebed.jpg

At Christmas looking at their yearly calendar.  It's getting so hard to do this as I'm not home enough to get photos of everyone!
 photo IMG_8589_zps1ae327c3.jpg

Ha ha.  Pap taking a little nap.  I remember as a little kid laughing at pap snoring in the middle of everything going on around him!
 photo IMG_8706_zps462d2d9d.jpg

So many precious memories of playing Crokinole and other games with pap and gram.  Often it's hard to not bust a gut laughing at pap's antics.  And he is the sharpest competitor!  I'm itching to do this again with them!
 photo IMG_8721_zps64da243b.jpg

Love him!
 photo IMG_8723_zpsf83d7ee9.jpg

 photo IMG_8725_zps28c63396.jpg

I love this photo of Mom and Pap.
 photo IMG_8927_zpsfa03aa7e.jpg

Nathan meets his Pap Berry!
 photo IMG_3682_zps5acf89b1.jpg

:)
 photo IMG_4312_zps33a88e8d.jpg

 photo IMG_4904_zps85e9151c.jpg

Nathan's first Christmas he had 2 other second cousins very close in age to him!  Jaxon and Easton.
 photo IMG_4947_zps12a57a2d.jpg

These guys are so much fun together.
 photo IMG_4956_zps71c2dcb6.jpg

I think pap was rolling up balls of paper and putting them in the alligator's mouth :)
 photo IMG_4999_zpsc618e138.jpg

Sure.  Have an apple!
 photo IMG_5024_zps23496ff5.jpg
I remember Pap weighed all the grandkids that Christmas and had us all guess their weight! ha ha.  Nathan definitely was the heaviest of the 3 youngest and Pap thought it was hilarious.

More with Nathan.
 photo IMG_2189_zps44d6ecbe.jpg

 photo IMG_2191_zpsb1cbdd72.jpg

 photo IMG_2210_zpsa8a8a4c2.jpg

Pap meets Josh last Christmas!
 photo IMG_0566_zps0eb085f8.jpg
Even made him smile at less than 3 months old.

Love you Pap!  Hope you had a wonderful birthday and wish you MANY more!!!  Matt, Sonya, Nathan & Josh XO

1 comment:

mmncgrand said...

Wonderful pictures of your Pap. He is so fun loving. A great example and legacy for his family. Happy Belated Birthday to a dear man. I love the picture of him giving Gram a kiss and her show of joy in it.