Monday, June 25, 2012

Pappy & Grandma Visit

Okay...here we go!  My parents flew in from Pennsylvania last week.  Nathan and I picked them up from the airport in the afternoon and on the way I discovered that the memory card for my camera was in my computer at home :( Nathan and I raced in (picture large pregnant lady balancing 30 pound toddler on her hip/belly walking very fast) to greet them as they came out of the terminal.  We made it in time and even had time to sit on the couches for a bit.

When I spotted my mom and dad I said, "Nathan, there's Pappy & Grandma!"  He saw and recognized them right away and just RAN to their arms!  I wasn't expecting that at all.  It caught me off guard and brought tears to me eyes.  Now I REALLY wished I had brought my camera because I was going to video tape this part.  I never thought he'd react that way though.  It was totally cute.  I took a few pictures with my totally awesome flip phone (hey, don't make fun...I'm not ready for the monthly cost of a data plan yet!) so I will share these here.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Heading out to the car.
Photobucket

We took our friend to the airport this Saturday and when we pulled up to drop him off Nathan kept saying, "Pap, Pap...Gramma!"  I couldn't believe he recognized and remembered the airport when we didn't even go in this time.  I had to tell him we weren't their to pick up his pap pap and grandma :(

When we got home my parents had the grand tour given by a great little tour guide!  Dad & Mom seemed to like the place, so that was good news! :)  Mom actually said she felt like she had been there already from all of the pictures on the blog, although some of the layout was different than they pictured in their heads.   Dad thought the exterior paint job looked great...which I was glad to hear from someone who knows a little about paint since we paid so much less for it than our other bids.  We paused for awhile in our bedroom for Nathan & Grandma to play on our bed!  Grandma hiding from Nathan.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Nathan, Pap & Grandma all took a walk while I ran out to a mailbox...Matt and I met up on his way home from work and found them on the trail!
Photobucket

They let him take his mower with him. Oh my!
Photobucket

Dinner at Salsa Brava that night.  Yum!  Nathan loved dipping his chips in the salsa!
Photobucket

"Gramma!"
Photobucket

The things that happen when you leave your kid with his grandparents.  He just put ice down dad's shirt!
Photobucket
He and Grandma thought it was pretty funny.

Now getting his Grandma!
Photobucket

See how wet his hand is from putting it IN Grandma's glass to get ice?
Photobucket

Yep, hide this stuff from mommy! ha ha.
Photobucket

Grandma intent on drawing her picture on the Etch-a-Sketch the restaurant gave Nathan to play with.
Photobucket
She'll be really happy I captured this :)

At home that night we realized we didn't show them our basement.  Nathan was more than happy to take them down there.  Playing in his tent with Pappy.
Photobucket

Photobucket

This was cute.  He was mocking dad's posture.
Photobucket

So when Nathan laid down, dad copied him!
Photobucket

Ha ha.
Photobucket

Nathan and I went up to IKEA with my parents the next day.  He and pappy stuck close.  I think Dad is putting his shoe back on here.
Photobucket

Nathan found this cart that he liked and threw his monkey in it for a ride.
Photobucket

Photobucket

We stopped at Castle Rock outlets briefly on the way home.  Here, mom and I found Nathan & Pappy at a candy store when we came out of our last stop.  Nathan was introduced to the wonderful world of taffy!  Now he associates "Candy" with "Pappy!"

I'm pretty sure this was lunch on our birthday!
Photobucket
I remember Nathan coming up with every excuse he could to not take his nap after lunch!  It was hard for him to go to sleep with his grandparents there!

During Nathan's nap Dad and I made an eventful trip to Sam's Club that I will talk about in the next post.  Actually, it was TWO trips!

Ted's Montana Grill for dinner!
Photobucket

Nathan was a fan of the chip appetizer.
Photobucket

Dad & Mom.  Love them so much.  Great parents.  Awesome grandparents.
Photobucket

Dad and I...birthday buddies!  So glad to share my birthday with him...or is it him who is sharing with me?  Love that we were able to be together for it again this year.
Photobucket

My love.
Photobucket

So nice to have Grandma around to keep Nathan entertained!
Photobucket

Of course, he is entertainment himself!
Photobucket

This kid loves his pappy.
Photobucket

Going into the iPad store.  Dad got the New iPad for his birthday!
Photobucket

In the Apple Store.  The guys were totally into the burnout videos where drivers of all of these different vehicles spin their tires until they burn out! 
Photobucket


Nathan especially.  He wanted to keep going back to them!
Photobucket
So glad that God made daddy's and pappy's.  Mommy just doesn't quite get the fascination!

Dad getting his iPad all set up.  Nathan was there for support...and distraction!
Photobucket

Waiting outside of Eddie Bauer with daddy.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Love from Grandma.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Killing time in the mulch.
Photobucket

Attempt at a family pic ended with an uncooperative Nathan being flipped upside down!
Photobucket
He was more interested in playing.

About to get caught by Pappy!
Photobucket

The sky looked awesome that night.
Photobucket
   

No comments: