Thursday, December 1, 2011

In November

A few pictures I have been meaning to post to the blog for the last few weeks! I need to get Thanksgiving pictures up, but figured I should get this one in first!

Sometimes when I am doing my hair Nathan insists on being right by me or trying to get me to hold him. So, I let him in the cabinet that he usually can't access so I can finish getting ready! The other day we did this and next thing I know, he has pulled out my basket of hair supplies, crawls in and then out of the basket....and into the cabinet.
Photobucket

He found a plunger back there and was happy as could be! ha ha. I know, I know...yuck.
Photobucket

Photobucket

"Hi, Mama."
Photobucket

Helping mommy clean windows.
Photobucket

Photobucket

In charge of measuring while we are house shopping :)
Photobucket

One afternoon before daddy got home we headed over to Cottonwood Creek Park and I took my camera. Nothing better than playing in the dirt.
Photobucket

Except for the swing!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is one of the several play areas at this park. We will miss being so close to this place!
Photobucket

Part of the reason that I have been behind on blogging is because we are in the process of buying a home! We are moving to another neighborhood that is probably about 5-6 minutes from where we are now. So, we can still get to the park fairly easily, but it wouldn't be a quick walk. Thankfully, the home we are moving into has walking trails, a pool, and a playground as well. So I think Nathan will love it. We were playing at the park in our new neighborhood in this post.

We are excited about this new phase of life...and yet petrified (ok, so that's me!) I always struggle with transition because I'm afraid to miss what I am moving on from and nervous what awaits me will not be as good (although that never is the case in the end). We are so grateful for our time in our current apartment. Some have thought us crazy to be living here for 3 1/2 years now but it has been one of the best decisions we have made. We have so many rich memories here. It was SO exciting to move into our first place in Colorado! Just a young married couple making grown-up decisions and moving away to a place where we hardly knew anyone. Looking back, that decision was definitely the right one though I'm sure it also was scary then. We got out of debt in this apartment, we discovered we were pregnant two years ago in December and I remember taking pictures by our Christmas tree, we brought home our first baby from the hospital and put him in his very own nursery, then we watched him learn how to crawl and walk and spin around within these walls... So many sweet memories that I will always cherish. I know the time is right. It's time to move on and make our home in a house with a little bit more room. But the memories will always be sweet as I look back at our time here.

Here's a picture I snapped of the front of it when we took ONE LAST walk by before making our decision!
Photobucket

Later that night, making a fire at home because it was COLD out!
Photobucket

I love this kiddo.
Photobucket

Ok, now I just need to get Thanksgiving pictures up of Papa & Nana's visit!

2 comments:

mmncgrand said...

I lost my comment. Now to remember what I said. How thankful I was tonight to find some more pictures. I love all the expressions and positions Nathan gets himself into. He is such a little doll and I love him to pieces. Thanks again Sonya. Love your house too. Grandma J.

mmncgrand said...

Just noticed your new picture on your blog window. Very nice!! Nathan loves being on his Daddy's shoulders doesn't he?

Oh, Nathan, I am going to wait until you come to help me wash my windows. OK?