Monday, October 24, 2011

VanHorn Family

A few weeks ago Jen asked me if I would be willing to take some picture of Jamin and their family for Jamin's first birthday. Eek. I tried to warn her that I am no professional. I have zero knowledge about lighting and posing and have very little about how to use the majority of the options on my camera. Well, they decided to take the risk and we shot some photos on Saturday. Kyle, Jen & Jamin actually came over to watch Nathan for several hours in the afternoon while Matt and I went house hunting with our realtor. Then when we were done we all headed to Colorado College, a cute little college campus that Jen suggested.

Here are some of my favorites.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Isn't he adorable?
Photobucket

Photobucket

I love Jamin's blue eyes in this picture...and Jen's!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Jen brought Jamin a blue balloon since he's the birthday boy!
Photobucket
Actually, she brought two. And we still managed to lose both of them before the end of the night!

Photobucket
We sort of ran out of daylight (my fault...I told you I'm an amateur!) so I didn't get as many of Jamin as I would have liked. Our thought was to prioritize the other shots since taking more pictures of Jamin on another day would be easiest to accomplish!

Photobucket

These two are the most photogenic couple I know. Don't they look great? Made my job much easier.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Matt was a huge help to me. He noticed shoes & clothing adjustments to be made, he occupied Nathan, AND he hoisted me up on his shoulders to take some of the last few!
Photobucket

They decided to jump off of the stairs when we were done :)
Photobucket
I love it. It's so them.

Afterwards they took us to Noodles&Co. Can I say yummy? I had never been there before but it was really good! Our boys were ready for bed by the end of it all :) Thanks Kyle & Jen for a fun day and for trusting me with such an important photo session. You are a beautiful family...inside & out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did good Sonya. Like you said they are a beautiful family and so fun to take pictures of. How did the house shopping turn out? G.J.

Matt and Sonya said...

Thanks, Grandma. The house shopping was good. We're trying to be patient for what we want and be smart about our purchase. We do have a back-up offer on a short-sale but if that ended up worked out it would definitely be an act of God :)