Monday, October 24, 2011

Grandparents in Town

Here's the post of my parents visit, as promised. (FYI-I've done 3 new posts today, so make sure you back and don't miss the first one of the VanHorn family. Jamin is turning one and we took some pictures to document this time in his sweet little life.)

Saturday night my dad was expected to arrive around 7:30. Matt, Nathan and I went to greet him. While we waited Nathan was going up to strangers to be picked up or hugged...it gets embarrassing! ha ha. You'd think he doesn't get any love at home. He also kept going over to a dog waiting for his owner. Have I mentioned before that he LOVES dogs. He laughs at them even when he spots them 20 feet away.
Photobucket

Here comes Pappy!
Photobucket

A little unsure at first.
Photobucket

That didn't take long...
Photobucket

Then, a minute goes by and MOM comes around the corner. They surprised us! I was suspicious but didn't want to get my homes up. I was elated of course. Nathan again, was not sure. His face here cracks me up.
Photobucket

She didn't let that last long!
Photobucket

Nathan was having a ball running around the airport. Matt had to corral him.
Photobucket

Let's go guys! I got your luggage!
Photobucket

This is Sunday morning before church. Nathan was collecting leaves with his pappy.
Photobucket

After church and a delicious lunch at the Colorado Mountain Brewery, we stopped by Encompass for Matt to take care of a few things. So we got out of the car and enjoyed the weather!
Photobucket

Photobucket

That evening Dad and I took a walk with Nathan around sunset.
Photobucket

Photobucket

This one makes me laugh.
Photobucket

On Monday my parents watched Nathan while I had lunch with the marketing team at Encompass. It was fun getting to see all of my co-workers at once AND nice to have my parents there to watch Nathan!

That evening we went to a few stores and then had dinner at Salsa Brava. Dad took this picture on his iphone at LAZYBOY. Nathan was loving this stuffed moose! The salesman suggested I put him on it!
Photobucket

There was a stuffed horse and bunny too that he was cuddling up to.
Photobucket

He was being silly at the restaurant. For some reason, every time he looked at mom he would cover his ears/head like this and laugh.
Photobucket

Photobucket

My parents could not believe how much this boy can pack in! He ate most of the quesadilla from the kid's menu, rice, milk and applesauce. I thought I was going to have more of his meal to eat! The day before he wolfed down a lot more beef than you would believe!
Photobucket

Pappy & Grandma taught Nathan how to put change in his piggy bank. Dad would empty his pockets every day :)
Photobucket

Nathan got it down pretty good. He was SO proud of himself after putting all of the change in it he got all excited and picked the whole thing up (it was very heavy) and then he fell over it!
Photobucket

Dad & I went for breakfast to IHOP on Tuesday morning. Yum!
Photobucket

Here we are at TJ Maxx later. Dad wanted to get a video of Nathan with the doll because Matt hates when Nathan goes to "pink" or shiny girly things in the store!
Photobucket
But it didn't work. Nathan threw it out of the cart!

We went to Focus for awhile too. To Whit's End and the bookstore.
Photobucket

Pappy & Nathan in the "secret passageway". Colin loved this place when David & Age were out here a few years ago!
Photobucket

These holes are too big for heads.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

"Hi Pappy!"
Photobucket

Photobucket

If only I stretch a little further...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There he goes again...
Photobucket
Grandma must be looking at him.

Just got up from a nap...
Photobucket

What are they feeding him now?
Photobucket

"Peek!"
Photobucket

Playing ball.
Photobucket

Photobucket

He was so funny. He'd give them the ball and then want a hug.
Photobucket

Dad & I made a Starbucks run late Wednesday morning. We love the Briargate shopping area! We got drinks at Starbucks and a breakfast snack at Panera...yum. Thanks, Dad!
Photobucket

Before taking them to the airport.
Photobucket

Nathan was very used to having them around after only a few days! He kept leaning into Grandma Liz to cuddle. It was too cute. The kid loves a reaction.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Thanks for coming, Mom & Dad! Nathan and I had a great time...and Matt while he was here. He was sad to miss some of the fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What great pictures. I think Grandma Liz and Pappy are crazy about this little guy. Glad you had this time together. G.J.