Sunday, April 24, 2011

Focus on the Family & The Zoo

I might as well get another post in while I'm up. Little Nathan is sitting right here beside me on the couch. He didn't want to go to sleep tonight...so here we are :) It's 11pm.

Last week Jen and I took the boys on a few outings! On Wednesday, we went to Focus on the Family because she had never been there. We took the tour. I'm really glad we did because it was good to hear what areas of ministries they are still pursuing since they downsized due to their decrease in contributions. Also, I was interested to see where things were at since Dr. Dobson stepped down a couple of years ago. I am really proud and grateful of this organization that helps so many families. Our tour guide was wonderful. She even gave Jen 'Bringing Up Boys' and she gave me a couples devotional since I already had that book. I thought that was so nice of her! She even took our picture.
Photobucket

After our tour, Jen and I went over to Whit's End for the boys to play. I love this area that is open to the public! We came here with our nephew Colin the summer of 2009. It will be even more fun when Nathan is older. Oops, I just went to that link. Apparently, most of my pictures of Whit's End are on Facebook. There is only one posted on the blog! Oh well, it was a good memory looking back...so I'm leaving the link! Maybe if Age shows Colin, he'll come visit me again :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Stroller parking for the room for the 0-4 year olds!
Photobucket

The boys in a log :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Good job, Jamin!
Photobucket

This little girl going after Nathan!
Photobucket

In the boat with his mommy!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Then on Thursday, we went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. Matt and I were here in October of 2009. Jen & Kyle bought a membership so she is able to bring one guest for free and kids under 2 are free! A good deal for Nathan and I. Thanks Jen!

Honestly, Nathan didn't care very much about the animals! Maybe in a year or two :)
Photobucket

Rawrrr!
Photobucket

Big old bear
Photobucket

Cute little Jamin. Chillin' in his seat while we look at REAL bears!
Photobucket

And his buddy, Nathan!
Photobucket

Someone's having a good time!
Photobucket

Can you see the bear in the top right? Nathan can't.
Photobucket

Strollin'
Photobucket

Photobucket

Hungry Hippos
Photobucket

I tried to show Nathan the hippos, but he was done :)
Photobucket
Our successful day at the zoo wore him out.

2 comments:

mmncgrand said...

I think it is so cute the way Nathan is always touching Jamin when they are in a picture together. The look like real pals.

Matt and Sonya said...

ha ha. I know. I am always pulling Nathan off of Jamin! Jen and I are determined to make them buddies :) But I don't think they will need much pushing!