Saturday, April 23, 2011

Kelty Carrier

So, I'm a little behind on the blog. I still need to post pictures of Nathan's booster seat, our Encompass party, our trip to Focus on the Family with Jen and Jamin, and our trip to the zoo with them as well! But, I'm going to skip ahead and post pictures of our hike last night at Ute Valley Park so I can show off my birthday present from Dad and Mom Witt!

But first some pictures from Wednesday night when we got the carrier.
Photobucket
He loves it.

Checking out the sunshade.
Photobucket

And pulling on mama's ponytail!
Photobucket

Now to Friday. Here's some pictures of Nathan earlier in the day just playin'. He's emptying out his toy bin!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we decided to meet daddy at the office at the end of his day with clothes for him and gear for a hike! We were planning on going over the weekend but the weather report was looking bleak. So we decided to take advantage of Friday's 65 degree weather since we had a few hours of light left. It ended up being perfect weather! And it was a nice bonus to get to see everyone in the office, too. They were all happy to get to see our growing boy :)

The reason we wanted to go so badly was to try out our new trail carrier for Nathan to ride in! Dad and Mom Witt got it for me as an early birthday present and it came on Wednesday. I have been so excited to start hiking again and now we can with Nathan in tow! He was getting way to heavy for our Bjorn carrier. Here is daddy getting him ready to go!
Photobucket
See how nice it is. You can put him in it before putting it on with the handy kickstand. It has a lot of nice pockets too for diapers, snacks, toys, sunsreen, etc! And isn't the sunshade great?

And we're off! Check out the video here.
Photobucket

Our family
Photobucket

The sunshade is really great. His eyes are very sensitive to light, like his mom's, so it's really nice that he can look around without being bothered by the sun. Not to mention, he is shaded from the harmful UV rays.
Photobucket

Photobucket

And he's looking! It was hard to get him to look he was so intent on playing with the carrier. And trying to scratch Daddy's hair through the shade!
Photobucket

Mama's turn!
Photobucket
It's fairly simple to switch the carrier because the lumbar support adjusts easily and the the rest of the adjustment is in tightening the straps. However, I think I need to strengthen my back in order to carry him for a length of time. He didn't feel overly heavy, the pack does a great job of placing the weight well. However, my upper back feels the tension quite a bit.

Photobucket

A shot so you cans see the back of the pack
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Back to daddy. I think Nathan likes being that high, anyway. Looking DOWN on his mama! :)
Photobucket

So glad Matt was wearing him for the uphill climb! We're getting close to the top here and looking down on the trail.
Photobucket
Can you see Nathan sleeping in the carrier here?

Isn't awesome that he will fall asleep in it? I love that! He does seem totally comfortable in it. He didn't seem to mind it the whole time. We hiked for a little over an hour. But I'm sure he could have made it longer no problem. When he started to nod off I just slid my jacket in there to give him cushioning under his little face and so his head wasn't bouncing so much. Worked great! What a doll, right?
Photobucket

Chillin' at home with daddy after the hike.
Photobucket

After eating some squash. I just took his shirt off for it. He is getting to be one messy eater!
Photobucket
I hope you enjoyed the pictures! Thanks again, Dad and Mom Witt! We love my birthday present. I am pumped to be able to hike with my boys now. Love you!

1 comment:

courtneywitt said...

More awesome pictures of our darling little or big great grandson. How I love to see pictures of the three of you. Thanks again for sharing. Happy Easter. HE IS RISEN!!