Monday, April 4, 2011

Nathan & Mommy fly to PA

Nathan and I flew to PA last week. I was SO nervous about flying with him alone but we made it! I am now an official fan of family bathrooms. We took advantage of several at the airport on the way there and back. (Warning: If you don't like to look at a TON of pictures, this post is not for you!)
Photobucket

Saying goodbye to Daddy at the airport
Photobucket
Courtney-Nathan got a lot of compliments on his traveling outfit!

All ready to go through security!
Photobucket
I was very thankful for some kind, helpful people throughout the trip. There were passengers who were kind enough to help me bag the stroller for gate check, guide me on what to do and ease my nervousness. The plane was full so we did not have an extra seat beside us. Two very sweet ladies switched their seats up with the man who got stuck sitting next to Nathan and I since there were no more seats! He didn't complain but they told me they thought it might be awkward for me. I was so grateful! Nursing could have been a challenge. Of the 3 hour trip, Nathan only slept for about 20 minutes! So, while he did well I felt I had to be "on" the whole time. I had to keep him occupied and happy despite how terribly tired he was and needed to sleep. I actually took him to the airplane bathroom just for a change in scenery! But he did great. The altitude did not seem to bother his ears either.

My parents were happy to greet him when we arrived!
Photobucket

And he was happy to see them.
Photobucket

Colin and Age colored pictures for him. As you can see he loved them :)
Photobucket

My mom's humor:
Photobucket
This was in Nathan's room to greet us. She loves positioning stuffed animals. The frog has a shirt on for Nathan and the monkey is writing on Eagles notebooks for Matt. That was their deal. Matt said if she got him more notebooks I could come out to visit!

Visit to Grandpa & Grandma Melhorn's
Photobucket

Nathan loved attacking Nathan. He loves his cousin!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Time with Uncle Dave and Aunt Age!
Photobucket

My mom being funny again. I woke up in the morning and checked Nathan's video monitor. Something didn't look right about his face. Then I realized...mom had put a "pseudo-Nathan" in the crib! Apparently, she had already rescued him from the crib!
Photobucket

Photobucket

What should have been in the crib! My cute baby.
Photobucket
Speaking of my baby in the crib. Check out this video. I tell the story on the video, but basically he managed to get a hold of the cord for his monitor and pulled the plug out of the wall. My parents heard banging downstairs. It was the cord banging against the wall. After we re-secured the cord, we could hear "scratching" on the wall from downstairs. He was looking for the cord again! It was a hilarious event to all of us. And he was quite proud of himself!

We went to my Pap & Gram Berry's after church on Sunday. What do you suppose my crazy family is doing here?
Photobucket

Trying to make Nathan smile for the camera of course!
Photobucket

My sweet sister
Photobucket

And big brother
Photobucket

Nathan -7 months and Easton- 8 months
Photobucket

All 3 cuties! Jaxon is almost 5 and half months old. He is on the right.
Photobucket

Photobucket

MY son got labeled the bully! Can you believe that?
Photobucket

John, me & Jeff. Cousins with their kiddos! (John & Jeff are brothers)
Photobucket

Colin and Lexi. The other two great grankids at Gram's that day
Photobucket

Pappy taking the family to Logan's Steakhouse. Yumm!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Nathan sitting in a big boy high chair! 2 cute kids.
Photobucket

Uncle Dave in charge of Nathan. T-R-O-U-B-L-E. ha ha. You can see Nathan loves his uncle.
Photobucket

Back to visit Pap and Gram.
Photobucket

Nathan LOVED this chandelier. Pap kept saying, "they just don't have these things out in Colorado!"
Photobucket

Playing with Pap
Photobucket

Photobucket

Uncle John stopped by. He's great with the kiddos. You can see Nathan is eyeing up the monkey.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Busted! Pappy Berry giving Nathan a pickle!
Photobucket

Bath time in Grandma Liz's sink!
Photobucket

Cutest boys around
Photobucket

Nathan going after Colin again!
Photobucket

Cuddle time with Aunt Adrienne
Photobucket

Pappy and Nathan
Photobucket

Photobucket

Blurry...but I like it
Photobucket

Reading the Old MacDonald Book Colin brought for him to borrow.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He looks up to his big cousin!
Photobucket

More cuteness
Photobucket

Love this family!
Photobucket

Uncle Dave trying to get Nathan to walk!
Photobucket

Another toy Colin let Nathan borrow. He like it so much we had to buy him one when we got back to Colorado.
Photobucket

Reading Nathan a book before Grandma takes us to the airport! "I Love you Through & Through"
Photobucket

We are grateful for our trip back. The airline we were traveling on grounded about 80 planes that day due to a mechanical issue they wanted to check. One of their planes had an emergency landing earlier that day that was very scary. This caused our first flight to be delayed due to all of the canceled flights. We would have missed our connection in Chicago had they not decided to hold the plane for us. Many other travelers were not as fortunate. People were missing flights and being re-routed all over the place. I can't imagine having been stuck with Nathan in Chicago! Especially since I was fighting a cold on the way back. I took Nathan in the airplane bathroom again. This time when I laid him down on the changing table he just started laughing at me. Like "What are we doing in this tiny room, Mama?" It was so cute. We were so glad to see daddy at the airport in Colorado!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Deb said...

looks like you guys had a great time! I'll bet Matt was just as happy to have you both home! Thanks for posting all the pics, I was needing a Nathan fix!

Matt and Sonya said...

Glad you liked the pictures, mom! I of course have tons more! I will have to post them of Facebook so you can get yet another Nathan fix :)

mmncgrand said...

I agree with you Deb "I needed a Nathan fix" Thanks Sonya.