Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cheyenne Mountain Zoo

After the Alzheimer's Walk, Matt and I headed to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo for our September date! We set aside money each month to do something fun so I don't feel guilty about taking the money from somewhere else. I am so glad we decided to go on this day because after this weekend we started to have some cold days...and snow! We have been wanting to go to this zoo for awhile...it is the only mountainside zoo. It was a lot of walking, but it was great fun. We even splurged on the sky ride! I kept thinking about how my mom would hate the sky ride while I was on it because she doesn't like heights at all. It even made me nervous at first, and I am usually okay with heights.

Here are a couple highlights of our day: The Skyride
Photobucket

Going Up!
Photobucket

A little climbing.
Photobucket

The giraffes! These might have been my favorite :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Bears-Matt's favorite...because the lions & tigers weren't very active while we were there.
Photobucket

Enjoying the bear show.
Photobucket

Wait, this might be my favorite! Ha ha. He makes me laugh every time!
He didn't look very happy as he sat there...pondering.
Photobucket

What a face!
Photobucket

Thanks Gary & Allison for the buy one get one free for the zoo!

We went to Texas Roadhouse when we were done at the zoo with our free appetizer
coupon from the Alzheimer's Walk...all in all, a great day!

2 comments:

mmncgrand said...

You two are so cute. Thanks for sharing.

Matt and Sonya said...

Thanks Grandma. I am trying to get more posts up so you don't get too bored during your recovery! Love you!