Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weekend in Denver & New Job

This past weekend, Matt had a continuing education course in Denver. Since work was paying, I joined him and enjoyed a night at the Hyatt on Friday night! This particular Hyatt was quite fancy. There was actually a book show going on that weekend with a variety of attendees...so we didn't feel out of place :) Many people were actually dressed up as characters for the occasion!
Photobucket

From the 9th Floor-where our room was.
Photobucket

See this bed? It was the most AMAZING bed I have ever slept on. It was like sleeping on a cloud.
Photobucket

Very nice bathroom.
Photobucket

Matt checking out the Guest Book.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Room Service! Pretty tasty burger & quesadilla.
Photobucket

Matt headed out early Saturday morning for his course while I dropped him off and then went back to the heavenly bed to sleep some more! I had a quick workout, watched the end of the movie Marley & Me on TV...thinking I wouldn't cry like a baby since I had already seen it before...WRONG about that one. ha ha. Then I met my previous boss from Colonial Columns, Teresa, for lunch at Mad Greens-great salads! Teresa & I went to this beautiful park after we ate and walked until we realized I was going to be late to pick Matt up! We did that last time too! We will try harder next time, Matt :) Thankfully my husband is very understanding. This is us back at her apartment complex.
Photobucket
It was so wonderful hanging out with Teresa. She transferred from Colorado Springs to a skilled nursing facility in Denver last February. But she was my boss who hired me last October when I began my employment at Colonial Columns. I love this lady...and was sorry to see her go!

Anyway, on that note concerning my job, I probably should announce that I resigned my position at Colonial three weeks ago. My last day is this Friday (10.30). A home health care company approached me a while back with an excellent opportunity that I could not refuse! I am very excited about this new position for a variety of reasons and Matt and I felt that is was the next step that God had for us. It was very difficult to resign from Colonial...but we are confident about this decision. My new company is Encompass Home Health and they are sending me to Dallas in November for 3 days of training. I am especially excited about this as it is very important as a sales/marketing professional to know what you are talking about! I would not make it passed the front desk in a doctor's office otherwise. :) So this is kind of important to my success in obtaining referrals. I am very happy to get back into home health care. I am even more elated to be joining such an incredible home health company with co-workers who are awesome and cheered me on all the way through my 3rd and final interview!

7 comments:

Kyle and Darci said...

Sonya - Congrats on the new job!! Sounds like a great opportunity!

And I LOVE big, fancy, comfy hotel beds!! We stayed in one last weekend before our half marathon!!

Matt and Sonya said...

Thanks, Darci! Yay for comfy hotel beds! And way to go on running a half marathon...that is awesome! Are you sore or what? I feel sore just thinking about you :)

mmncgrand said...

I like your new blog picture. You two take such nice pictures. Matt is looking different but I haven't been able to put my finger on why. All, I know is he is even more handsome than ever. Thanks again for pictures. Love you both.

Age said...

you Melhorns!!! we had a heavenly bed on our honeymoon and Dave STILL talks about it, haha!! Love You.

Matt and Sonya said...

Grandma...glad you like the pic. Mom W. suggested I change it to that months ago, and I just got around it it. As far as Matt goes...it might be his hair! It is just longer than before. But I agree, he looks good! :) Love you too!

Age...what can I say, great minds think alike! ha ha.

Anonymous said...

I'm excited about your new job as well! I can't wait to be filled in, and I can't wait to compare notes! I need to go back to Dallas to Home Care Home Base which is in the same building as Encompass, wouldn't it be neat if we ended up in Dallas at the same time?? I would have at least left you a note in the bathroom if I would have known, you would be there right behind me! Have lots to tell you..I will call you soon, or give me a call! Miss ya! Traci

Matt and Sonya said...

Hi Traci! I will be in Dallas from Nov 17-20 for training. When are you going? We do need to catch up. I am off all of next week before I start my new job! My husband made me. I love it when he makes me do things like that :) So easy to be submissive then! Let's talk next week, Ok? Can't wait!