Saturday, October 17, 2009

Mueller State Park

Matt & I went to Mueller State Park this weekend for a hike. We wanted to take advantage of the beautiful fall
weather today considering last weekend it was in the 20's and it snowed! Yikes.
76 degrees is the forecast for Sunday now...this Colorado weather is crazy!
Photobucket

Getting ready for our hike once we pulled into the trailhead.
Photobucket

Being silly.
Photobucket

Ok...and normal.
Photobucket

We did the Outlook Ridge hike and incorporated some others along the way. Matt is signing us in.
Photobucket

My man.
Photobucket

Pretty.
Photobucket

Close to the beginning of our hike.
Photobucket

Leaning on an Aspen.
Photobucket

More Aspen!
Photobucket

I love fall.
Photobucket

We were late for most of the fall leaves...but still breathtaking.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Matt playing with the settings on his new point & shoot camera.
Photobucket

Until I point & shoot at him!
Photobucket

Our first overlook.
Photobucket

The view.
Photobucket

Another pic for Grandma Johnson. :)
Photobucket

Shots on the overlook.
Photobucket

Fun one!
Photobucket

Enjoying the view.
Photobucket

Needing a rest...and this was only the first overlook!
Photobucket

Our second overlook and then we took another hike that wound around and went back to the trail head. Photobucket
Gorgeous day in Colorado!

10 comments:

Nicole said...

Way to take advantage of the nice fall day! Matt, are you styling your hair a different way? Something looks different about you... but I'm not sure I've put my finger on it! Did you rub some of that aspen dust on your face after leaning on it to get some protection from the sun's rays that are radiating to the earth? (I learned that in science - the sun's rays radiate. Try not to be jealous of the wealth of knowledge that I'm learning!)

Matt said...

Way to go applying the classroom to real life. I am actually doing something different with my hair - not cutting it. I got lazy & was tired of cutting it every week. I was ready for a change, but I am not sure about it. This weekend the weather has been amazing, but we are supposed to get another storm this week. You never know around here.

Deb said...

Beautiful scenery!

I like the longer hair Matt. Maybe you should have Sonya start highlighting it for you again

Matt and Sonya said...

I think I like the longer hair too! I'm not too sure about the highlighting though...his hair would become more high maintenance than mine :)

Courtney said...

Sonya, when did you get a north face? It's nice though. Matt, you could grow your hair out like in college. I bet work would love that style!

mmncgrand said...

Beautiful!! The pictures of you two as well. Thanks again. I thought Matt looked different too but thought it was just my eyes. They are doing crazy things.

Matt and Sonya said...

Hey Courtney...we saw this fleece in Breckenridge on our anniversary trip. I loved it but they didn't have my size and it was expensive. So you awesome brother found it on line a few weeks ago- 40% off!

Glad you enjoyed the pics, Grandma!

Nicole said...

I see, I like the longer hair too. Maybe you could grow it out long enough to perm again! I know, I'm really trying to stretch my brain these days!

Matt said...

Courtney - do you want to pay me to grow my hair out. If I was getting paid, maybe I would have a good reason. what do you think, $2/week of not cutting it?

Courtney said...

Matt, Do I look like I'm made of money to be spending on rediculous things? But you did do a good job on getting Sonya a nice North Face.