Friday, July 6, 2012

Working on the Nursery

I'm posting a little out of order, but here's some pictures of our nursery progress!  We still have some work to do and everything is always subject to change, but I'm liking how it is feeling so far.

Earlier this week when Daddy and Nathan were finishing up the dresser.  I actually got a picture in before my camera battery died.  They are just hammering the back on.
Photobucket

And there it is!
Photobucket

Now on to the crib...
Photobucket

Nathan putting screws in all of the holes for daddy :)
Photobucket

He takes his job very seriously.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He was saying "big, big" to me here.  Meaning:  "This screw is too big to fit in the hole, Mommy!"
Photobucket

Still working away.
Photobucket

Again, "Big, big."  His look of disgust makes me laugh!
Photobucket

Quite the helper!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My guys do great work.
Photobucket

Time to play before someone goes to bed.
Photobucket

He loved this.
Photobucket

"Agin, agin!"  (Again!)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I never showed you the shelves my dad put up!  These will be awesome for organizing!  It gives me so much more space.
Photobucket

Photobucket
He kept asking for one more time by pointing with his finger!  He had a lot of "one more times!"

Another night...curtain rod!
Photobucket

"peekaboo!"
Photobucket

Ha ha.  Sometimes Nathan gets in the way! :)
Photobucket

I love watching him emulate his daddy.
Photobucket

Notice he pulled his stool up just like Matt.
Photobucket

Ha ha!
Photobucket
It was important for these to be blackout curtains as this window lets in A TON of light!  I've looked at so many different options but functionality was really important to me so we went with these and put a double rod up so that we could even add a second layer of blackout if necessary.  I'm not kidding when I say a lot of light comes in here!  I'm hoping these will work well and be good for our boy as he grow past the "nursery" age!

I have some prints for the wall on their way as well as sheets and a changing pad cover.  We got this patterned pillow from Target for our chair too and as long as it works with other patterns we add, we'll be keeping it !  And I don't know that it made it in any pictures, but I also have a footstool.  I'm loving the soothing gray colors in here. 

3 comments:

pap and gram said...

Hi guys...This is so exciting to be able to share your joy getting ready for the new little boy, Everything looks so great. I like your furniture. The dresser will give you a lot of space. Your closet is great too, Nathan sure likes to follow his daddy and help. He is so precious. Love you all, Gram and Pap

mmncgrand said...

I love it too when Nathan emulates his Dad. Love the nursery furniture. What does Nathan think about another crib in the house? I am sure that he will adjust to a new baby very well. Love to you!

Matt and Sonya said...

Thanks, Gram! I know, I'm super excited to have that much space in the dresser...for the storage inside as well as the room on top for changing diapers.

Grandma J...Nathan seems to be okay with it. He asked to get in it a few times and we let him once we had a mattress in it but for the most part he says, "baby, baby!"