Wednesday, July 18, 2012

30 Weeks

My 30 week doctor's appointment was mostly uneventful.  I am going in every 2 weeks now...until I hit 36, then it will be every week!  I got the results back for my glucose test...64.  The same as it was with Nathan!  Well under the 130, so I think I'm okay there!  I was bummed to not get to see my doctor, I saw the N.P. instead.  I rescheduled my appointment the week before and somehow they scheduled me on a day that my doctor wasn't even in!  In fact, when I got there, they said their computer didn't even show me on the schedule.  I was grateful the NP was available because I didn't want to come back again!  And Nathan was at home with Mom Witt and Nicole since they were in town! (More on that in the next post).

Sandy, the NP was very nice.  She found the heartbeat in a flash, and said that would be the easiest thing she did all day!  It was in the low 140s.  I asked her the two questions I wanted to ask Dr. Shelton... 1) Is Tums okay for acid reflux, can I take too many? and 2) Is there anything I can do to prevent the restless feeling in my legs before I go to bed?

Matt wanted me to ask about the Tums and she said they were fine and great if they were working!  And I couldn't take too many.  Sweet.  They taste good!  ha ha.

If I don't go to bed exhausted, my legs are okay.  It seems to be more of when I get to bed too late or am just not getting enough sleep in general.  Matt is good at massaging them, but to be honest, by this time of day, he is exhausted too!  I wasn't really wanting to take anything for it, but thought I'd ask in case there was something else I can do.  She did suggest more potassium, so I got myself some bananas the next day!

Oh, and I didn't like the number on the scale...160!  How did that happen?  Maybe because I wore jeans? ha ha.  And I still have 10 weeks to go!

And some pictures!  Taken at 30 weeks, 2 days, after church.
Photobucket

My new pregnancy addiction has been biting on ice.  Seriously, I love to chew crushed ice.  It came out of nowhere.  So I have been getting plenty of hydration!  Which is good, because I have also started to notice my hands and feet swelling lately.

From the front.
Photobucket

I also asked Sandy if I should anticipate this labor to happen even more quickly than Nathan's since Nathan's happened so fast...especially for my first.  She said definitely and that she would recommend being induced! At this point, I don't really want to be induced, but something to think about I guess.  I don't really want to be without an epidural either!  I will have to ask Dr. Shelton the same question.

Another angle.
Photobucket
I feel large.

On another baby note, Kyle & Jen had their baby on Tuesday morning!  They waited to find out the gender and...it's a BOY!!!  We are so excited. That makes 3 boys in our small group, and 2 more due in the next few months.  And another couple that might be joining our group...has 2 boys which would make a total of 7.  We're working on a football team! :)  Kyle & Jen are still deciding on a name, so I don't have that information just yet.

1 comment:

mmncgrand said...

You are so beautiful!!!!