Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What is going on???

I'm a little stressed lately.  It's beginning to be a wearing 3rd trimester.  I'm so much more worn out and tired this time than when I was pregnant with Nathan!  It goes to show that working a full time job is not as tiring as raising a toddler!  We have a lot going on before we welcome our second son into the world.  Matt works 3 more weekends before then, we have our anniversary, Matt's birthday, Nathan's birthday, family pictures and more in August.  Nathan has been crying in his crib for probably 15 minutes when we put him to bed...what???  He decided to revert now?  And last night he woke up shortly after Matt and I fell into bed and would not go back to sleep in his crib.

We have projects to finish up before the baby comes too but we are both always too tired to do them!  What is wrong with us?  Most people work a lot more hours (like ALL weekends and much longer days) and the wives work as well!  Please tell me, how do you do it?

Anyway, I'm not trying to complain, just giving you a little snapshot of our lives right now and asking for prayer as you are the closest friends and family to us.  I already feel better, probably because Nathan has stopped crying and has most likely fallen asleep!  Matt is finishing up work and I just need to relax and formulate a plan to enjoy the coming weeks and not cram too much in as we want to enjoy these last two months or less as a family of three.  Maybe throw the family pictures out the window?  Is there a rule saying you need to do them every year?

Lots of love to you all.  I know our problems are so minor and our God is great.

Just had a good laugh with Matt at how I can balance my cup of ice on my belly as I type this post :)

8 comments:

Matt said...

I say we ditch the family pictures...

Matt and Sonya said...

You would!!! :)

RosebudWitt said...

I can't believe Nathan is almost 2 years old already!! And that your new baby is almost here! Prayers you way. Love, Rosie

mmncgrand said...

You will get through next month Sonya, just take a day at a time. Will be praying for you. Love G.
G.

mmncgrand said...

How are you doing today Sonya? I hope some better. Love you. G.G.

Matt and Sonya said...

Thank you so much for your prayers Rosie and Grandma J! We really appreciate them...thanks for caring!

Grandma J: Good, Grandma. Matt has a very busy Saturday at work today. Forced myself to take Nathan to the gym this morning (hopefully that will increase my energy!)and trying to get some things done around here during his nap so we can spend some time with Matt tonight that's not ALL task-oriented! We miss him during these stretches and it makes us all really exhausted. We just miss the time together and good communication that makes our home run smoothly! Thanks for asking...love you so much!

RosebudWitt said...

How are you this week?

Matt and Sonya said...

I feel good today, Rosie! Today was the first day this week we didn't have anything going on so Nathan and I have stayed at home...and he's napping now :) And all of Matt's patients fell through on Sunday which was such a blessing! We were able to get some good family time together and Matt & I had quality time with each other while Nathan napped after church. AND we got some no sew curtains up in our LR. A good day. Thank you for asking!