Thursday, May 19, 2011

Service Project

At our church, Woodmen Valley, they have been doing a lot of service projects this month. Our small group went to a lady's home who has two little boys with special needs. She wanted us to put up a play set and seed her backyard. The older boy, Joshua, was outside with us for most of the time so we got to hang out with him. He is autistic, but he is high functioning and we were able to interact with him a lot.

My camera battery died so I only got a few pictures at the beginning. Unfortunately, Jen and I missed seeing the final product of the play set finished since we left a little early with the boys and headed back to our place. (It was getting COLD!)

But here's what I have:
Jamin & Nathan playing in Jamin's playard
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The very beginning of putting up the play set. They did a great job! It took a lot of time even with all of them working...who knew it took that long to put up a play set!
Photobucket

And Jen, a pro-seeder. I had no idea what I was doing, thankfully, I had her guidance! I love her face here, I think she was telling me a story. I was going to take another picture, but then my battery died!!!
Photobucket

We all met up at our place for Louie's pizza afterward.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased that you all take time out of your busy schedules to do things for others. God bless you for it.Grandma J.