Thursday, August 28, 2008

Pictures of Our Apartment

The long awaited pictures of our Colorado apartment!




This is our living room and our dining room is at the far end.






I am standing on the patio to take the picture on the left. That opening in the wall you see on the right looks into our kitchen. That way Matt and I can chat while he slaves away in the kitchen and I lounge on the sofa! Or is it the other way around?

Here are a a couple of other views of the living room...just for fun because I think it is my favorite room! I LOVE having a fireplace. We haven't used it yet, but it looks nice, right? We got a great deal on that mirror at TJ Maxx. Come to think of it, that is also where we got that picture reflected in the mirror above the sofa. I love that store! Don't be fooled. The photo collage to the left of the tv doesn't even have photos in the frames yet!












Our dining room! I have ALWAYS wanted a dark table like this that I could put any color placemate on it and it would look great with our white plates! That way I can change colors with my moods or use red around the holidays, orange in the fall, etc.














Our beautiful square plates finally have the chance to shine in their full glory!





Here is our our kitchen! Nothing super fun to look at here, but definitely serviceable. We like it! Our laundry room is at the end of the kitchen.








And this is our bedroom! It's quite a bit larger than our one at our old apartment. We weren't supposed to be getting a bigger bedroom but that was part of the upgrade that we got when arrived out here for less money. The ceiling fans and the extra bathroom were the other bonuses. We love it!

















And here are some pictures of "my" bathroom. It is the one that is attached to our bedroom.




Pictures of the second bathroom and bedroom/office to come in another post! There's something to look forward to, right?

6 comments:

Deb said...

Your apartment looks awesome!! Nice job putting it all together. I really like the print you got for over the couch.

Anonymous said...

Looking at your apt fully decorated makes me sad that we won't see it in person over Thanksgiving, like we originally thought. Waaahh! Maybe we can come back next summer to do more hiking? Pikes peak maybe? We can be hiking buddies. Okay, I am idiot...I am getting tired. Good job on the apt by the way. Looks sharp. Love, Rosie

P.S. I thought I signed up to be notified when you put updates on here, but evidently I did it wrong...surprise, surprise. Cause I didn't get an email. Oh well. At least I know how to go directly to your blog :)

Anonymous said...

Your place looks AWESOME!!! When you are back in PA and we get our house built you are soooo coming to decorate for me!!!! :)

Beware... we got a dark table when we moved back home as well. I LOVE IT! But... it scratches and shows something fierce!!!

LOVE YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love it!! It is so you!! Can't wait to be there with you in your new place. It looks so cozy. I signed up too for an email when you added pictures but didn't get one. Grandma

Matt and Sonya said...

Hi All!
Thanks for the compliments. Glad you like the apartment!

Rosie-We wish you could see it too! But we totally understand. And a hike to pike's peak sounds great! I'm dying to do it again.

Krista- I guess i will just have to buy a furniture marker to fix scratches!

I am working on figuring out what is wrong with the email update function. love you all!

Anonymous said...

Sonya - looks gorgeous - wanna come decorate our house?!