Monday, August 25, 2008

Matt's Family Visits

Mom & Dad Wittleder, Courtney, and Courtney's friend, Danielle, arrived in the Springs the day after my parents headed back to PA. They had already planned a trip to Colorado to pick up Nicole from camp. It just worked out that we were already out here too! They drove up to camp to pick up Nicole on Saturday and then all of them came back down to the Springs and stayed with us in our apartment. Matt, of course, managed to get ANOTHER trip to the Elephant bar for a second delicious meal! Here we are Sunday after church, waiting for a table.




Aren't my in-laws cute?




















This is a coffee shop that Nicole liked to visit over the summer while she was out here. It was so cute! She raves about their lavender lattes. I opted for a chocolate chip cookie and water!

Matt & his mom checking something on the computer.


We found Nicole's dream car during our travels. She was loving this baby! Unfortunately, the owner was not willing to come down to a reasonable price.



We stopped by "America the Beautiful Park" after visiting a furniture store one night. We were trying to get some shots of Matt and I for our Christmas cards, but it was getting dark fast!



















On Wednesday, while Matt was at work, we drove up to Pike's Peak. I don't know if I have ever driven up before. We took a Cog train up when I was here on a family vacation with my parents. And when I was here four years ago, we hiked it. It is kind of scary on some of the turns driving up! But the view is worth it at the top!

There were some stops before arriving at the top...like this one where the girls tried their hand at fishing for gold! Danielle is in the middle...she is such a fun girl. I told her I like her because she laughs at my jokes! I don't get that from a lot of people. ha ha.

Yay!! We made it to the top!






Nicole & Dad taking in the views from the Peak.




And here's proof that it was snowing in August.
One lone snowflake, choosing to rest on Nicole's arm.


















Nicole appears to be celebrating with her
hot chocolates...one for each hand!




Wednesday night, we had another photo shoot at my favorite location in all of Colorado Springs...Garden of the Gods. Uncle Jerry was with us this time helping us with good locations to see both the Peak an d the red rocks. We all went to out to eat at a Diner afterwards! Aunt Kathy was out east so we missed getting to see her, but Matt and I hope to see her soon!









Here are some more shots of the girls and Matt and Dad Witt. Aren't the red rocks and blue skies a sight to behold?













We discovered this great little pizza place out here...Louie's Pizza! Matt is a huge pizza fan so I'm sure they will become familiar with us as they are not very far away from our apartment!









Matt's family headed home on Thursday night after dinner. Here we are saying our good-bye's! I feel very fortunate to have pictures of M om W. She is usually behind the camera!






I made sure I got a picture of Nicole's matching shirt and flip-flops. This is
a little bit more coordinated then she usually prefers! She is hilarious.


Thanks so much for spending time with us, Mom, Dad, Nicole & Courtney! We love you and will miss not living close-by anymore!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have this lovely blog, Sonya! I love looking at the pictures and reading about what's going on. Enjoy your little haven of wonderfulness in the state of Colorado. ~Nicole

P.S. My birthday is this Friday and I'm sure you could get those jokers to come down in price on my Squareback.

Matt and Sonya said...

Thanks Nicole! I am so glad you like it! When I was posting pics I noticed that you were the star in most of my shots. Does this make up for all of those empty promises about filling our IN apt with pictures of you? :)

Too bad after I'd heckle them down in price I wouldn't even be able to drive it home!

Anonymous said...

You're right, I am pretty much the star of your blog, especially in that sweet orange vdub. So yes, this will make up for the apartment being plastered with Courto's face, as nice as her face may be.

Deb said...

LOVE THE BLOG!

I'll make you a deal, I'll update my blog as soon as you post pictures of the apartment with furniture!

Looks like this set of parents played while your parents had to work the whole time - doesn't seem fair!

Reality is setting in that you won't just be popping by and Ed can't just stop in on his way home from work. We miss you!!!

Matt and Sonya said...

Thanks, mom! I'm glad you like it. Dirty to make a deal like that with me! I should get some up this week or weekend.

What are you talking about? You had to endure my indecision in furniture shopping, and ultimately helped me determine what items I really wanted! Anyone who knows me, knows that IS work! Thank you!

I have to admit, I am feeling some pangs of sadness also over the distance. Thanks for contributing to our 2 years in IN being so great!