Thursday, August 21, 2008

Why "Colorado Dreams?"

Good Question! When trying to think of a name for our new blog, it honestly didn't take me too long to come up with a title. Which, for those of you who know me, you understand this is no small miracle!

The thing is, this is not the first time I have used this phrase. In fact, it was probably just under three years ago that I started a bank account titled "Colorado Dreams". Now, back then, it took me a little longer for such creativity...I do admit to somewhat stealing the phrase...have you ever heard of the tv show "California Dreams?" It was a childhood favorite of mine...similar to Saved by the Bell. But the name made sense to me. A far off goal then, even somewhat unrealistic in my own mind, but it sure made for a fun savings account name! For those of you who don't know me that well, there are two things I love in life, one, to save money,and two, to pay off debt with it! I suppose there are other things I love, but the point here is, a savings account is fun stuff for me....and a cool name, even better.

A few months after creating this account, I gave my new INGdirect account the same name. This is the very account that Matt and I withdrew from in order to make the trip west just a few weeks ago.

It has probably been Matt's dream to live in Colorado longer than mine. I am told that he has dreamed of it for years and years. He LOVES the mountains. The look of delight and awe on his face every time he gazes at Pike's Peak is a site of itself to behold. Back in high school, Matt and his twin brother Mark made a trip out here with their grandparents. They visited their aunt and uncle who live out here, took in the sites, and made some precious lasting memories.

My family also made a trip out here when I was in high school, however, my love for Colorado Springs flourished most when I attended Focus on the Family Institute in the fall of 2004. It was an incredible experience I will never forget. I have some dear friends who moved back to the Springs as well after that amazing semester and I am so excited to be near them again! This is Amber and I at an Air Force Academy Football Game in October 2004. Amber and Josh, her husband, just got married a month ago and live close by us in the Springs.
Woo-hoo!





Matt and I also took a spring break trip to Colorado with his mom our junior year of college. We stayed with Uncle Jerry (Matt's mom's brother) and Aunt Kathy, his wife. We had a great time exploring the area. Who knew we would be back four years later...to live? Not to mention, married! It's probably good to not know the future in advance, but it is certainly interesting to see how it unfolds!
























Basically, Matt and I have dreamed of moving out here for a variety of reasons. Both of us having the same passion, of course, only ignited our desires. We have put much time and prayer into this decision and are so thrilled to feel and see God's hand of direction moving us west during this phase of our life. No matter how long or short this time may be...we are so thrilled that our Colorado Dream has become a REALITY!

No comments: