Saturday, August 23, 2008

Parents to the Rescue!

My parents came out to help us get settled our first full week in Colorado! We have no idea what we would have done without them. Matt started work just about as soon as we arrived, so it was so nice to have help unpacking, hanging pictures, building shelves and overall making the apartment more efficient in terms of space.
Dad & Matt are building shelves in the office closet. This apartment has less storage than our last one, so the shelves were a great addition.

Here, my parents are installing a spice rack for me! I love it.


This next scene was hilarious. You see, Matt and I got a great deal on moving blankets on Craig's List. Obviously, we don't have a need or room for them anymore and dad and mom thought they were great. So...they determined to take 8 of them home with them on the airplane in a piece of checked luggage. Since they only had their carry-ons on the way out, I found a piece of luggage that we rarely use for them to transport them in. The problem is, the blankets are large...way too large for 8 to fit in the size bag that we had. So we went to Wal-Mart and bought those Spacesaver bags that you suck all of the air out of in order to conserve space. This is the scene that unraveled:It took a lot of tries and 3 different Spacesaver bags, but my parents didn't give up! They got all 8 blankets to fit...I wonder if could ever be done a second time! Those bags are great...though they did say when they picked their luggage up in Pennsylvania, it definitely had expanded. I guess it took in some air during the trip!


On my parent's last night in Colorado, we went out for dinner to the Elephant Bar, for Matt's 25th Birthday. Matt loves that place. It is quite delicious and festive. We had a good time. Thanks for coming, Mom & Dad!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooo excited for you two and I loooove the new blog... its about time you get one too!!! :)

Deb said...

Your parents did such a great job of organizing and unpacking. Loved all the little extras they did for you. So glad they were able to help you sut up house.