Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Thursday in Marion, Visit with Johnston's and Goodbyes before Heading Home

Grandpa & Grandma J headed out the next morning for home.  They were troopers as they were feeling sick the whole time.  Josh saying goodbye.


Giving out his hugs and love.








Matt and his grandpa.


Me and grandma.




We headed up to Mario to see Mike & Latrese after Grandpa & Grandma J left.  It was SO good to see these two!  We all had lunch in Baldwin together...which Matt was ecstatic about.


Then Latrese and I got to sneak away to housekeeping's break room to catch up while Matt took the boys to the bookstore.  She had to go to coach track at Oak Hill highschool so we squeezed in as much as we could!  She coaches for IWU track team too.  Janae graduates at Oak Hill this year and Michael Jr has a few years left at IWU.  I wish I could have seen those two too!  But just really grateful to connect with Latrese.  Some friendships are just the best face-to-face.  And we'll pick up where we left off next time...even if years have gone by.


Bye bye IWU!  So hard to believe it's been 10 years since graduation from this place.  The place where I met the man of my dreams and started our life together.  Where I got my first job out of college.  Where I met amazing wiser individuals like Latrese and countless professors.  I always admit though, I enjoyed life after college and being married to Matt so much more then the college days.  It's kind of surreal to be back there with our boys!  I would have liked to have more time to go around campus and see if I could find my marketing professor, Dr. Millage, or the sweet ladies I worked for in the business office...but maybe another trip!  We're off to see Adam & Jessie!


Adam's birthday was this day and they were having friends over...a surprise to him.  Great timing, huh?  Josh enjoyed the balloons.


He liked Jocelyn too!


This sweet girl can make anyone feel welcome even in the middle of her own surprise for Adam.


And oh my goodness, how cute is Leo? Their 4th child and first boy. He's almost one here!


Back home for dinner and some down time with Papa & Nana.










And their Aunt Court!




Bye papa! (Papa will leave early in the morning, so goodbyes at night.)


The next morning, Nana went in late so she could say goodbye.


Nathan running out to her car to giver her a hug!  He does not like saying goodbye.  He's not ready to go home just yet.


Bye Nana!


On the road again!  Home we go.


They picked up some magazines at a pit stop.


I love his little feet.  Mat took this picture.


I'm driving now and feeling a little crazy!  The trip home we did in 2 days...instead of the 3 days out.  So we were tired!


Josh insisted his caterpillar be able to see the road.


Almost in Salina, KS!  LONG first day.  It's dark, we have a half hour to go.  Hoping the glow sticks get us there!



It worked except for the last 15 minutes.  Josh was a mess and just started balling.  He was just exhausted, needed out of the car, and it was dark now.

Made it!  Spring break prices and hotels booing up.  You wouldn't believe how much we had to pay for this Super8.   Josh was thrilled with the train picture.  He doesn't look tired now does he?




The next morning, breakfast and then ready to get home!  The second travel day was much shorter and easy to manage.  I think we arrived in town in the afternoon and even stopped at Walmart on the way home to get food.  Then we arrive home to find my sweet friend Sarena had bought us bananas, bread, a frozen pizza, carrots and made us muffins!  How sweet is that!  They kept an eye on our house while we were gone.

It was a good trip! We squeezed a lot in but made a lot of memories. It was really fun having that experience with the boys. They LOVE staying in hotels. Oh dear! I don't think we'll forget it soon!

No comments: