Sunday, January 26, 2014

Our 16 Month Old

I'm just going to post this one out of order. I'm still working on Christmas Day and more but maybe this one can make your Monday brighter in the meantime! I got back from a mom's conference with some ladies I'm so grateful to have in my life on Saturday night. We so wisely went to bed WAY TOO LATE on Friday night so while we came back refreshed, we are also tired! ha ha! But I know we all couldn't wait to cuddle our babies and kiss our husbands when we got back either! So, to the post about Joshua Owen!

Josh is growing up so fast these days!  Here's some photos and tidbits of what's going on in his sweet little world.  We love him so much!

He loves mommy's iPhone of course.  He knows he's not suppose to have it so he always acts like he's getting it for me when he has it.  Then when I look at him and say "Josh" he tromps over to me and hands it over saying "mama" as though that was his intent all along! :)


He loves to lay on pillows and us.


LOVE this little smile!




This is after a tempter tantrum.  He throws himself down on the ground and hits the table or stairs or whatever is around when he is displeased with the silliest things.   Here we go!  Isn't he still young for all of this?  I try not to not let him see when I think it's funny!


Pointing at something.


He wanted some pretzels.  He tries to say pretty much every word!  Even though many don't actually sound like the word :)  It might be because all day Nathan says to him, "Josh, say... (fill in the blank)"  And Josh always does!


Now he wants a drink out of the fridge!  He's signing "please".   He signs please, thank you, more, all done, and eat most often.  And thank to "Baby Signing Times" from Nana, he and Nathan will do fun ones like doggy and cat.  Here's a video of him watching the movie.  He sounds upset, but he's actually laughing!




Signing please again.  I'm not sure what he wants.  He has pretzels AND water!


This was the day he learned to open the pantry door!


Lovely.


He likes to identify body parts.  "Eye!" 


He loves to tackle and hug.






He loves his daddy!


Just sittin'.


I love when he does this with his lips.


Okay, so Nathan snuck in here.  I realized it has been FOREVER since I took a photo of him in his crib.  And Matt was saying how big he looked for a crib.  Since this might not be happening for much longer, I wanted to capture it!

He's still adorable.  Not saying the same about those pjs...kidding Mom! :)

And Josh out for the night.

All snuggled in.  He loves that doggy.

Nathan wanted me to take a photo of his BIG duplo block lawn mower so all of you could see it! :)


Okay, back to Josh.


He sticks his tongue out a lot when he's walking or concentrating.  I love this picture of him.


Right before throwing the tiny basketball in his hands. He absolutely loves balls.


He throws his head back a lot like this too.  At home, in the cart at a store...then he sees us laugh and he does it again. :)


He loves throwing things in the trash.   He also likes taking things OUT of the trash!


Oh, my crust from lunch today.


Watching "Baby Signing Times".




Hi Mama!


He was peeking out from behind the wall at the bottom of the stairs at me.




Saying "Dada".


Sweetie!


He also loves to do animal sounds and motions.  He learns SO much from Nathan.  It's so adorable watching him copy Nathan's every move.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Yes, you are adorable Josh! Can't believe you are 16 months old already though. Tell Nathan I'm glad he's such a great big brother to you and that I really like his big lawn mower he built.

mmncgrand said...

I like your big block lawn mower too Nathan. Josh please stop growing for awhile until I see you again. I love the pictures of Josh and Matt Glad you had a Good time at the conference Sonya

mmncgrand said...

I can't get overt how big Nathan looks laying in his crib. I love the picture too of Josh walking with his tongue out.