Monday, August 20, 2012

Matt's 29th Birthday

Well, I was hoping to surprise Matt for his birthday for once.  Nathan and I bought him a sports watch earlier this week at Target (actual 3 watches for him to choose from), and I couldn't wait so we gave it to him right away.  Plus, I wanted to see which one looked best too!   I'm just not great at surprises!

So anyway, on Thursday Nathan and I went back to Target (we love that store...my son knows this place well!) to get him a fire pit.  They have one that folds up which is really cool because we can store it easily.  Getting it the day before should ensure me being able to keep it a surprise...right?  Wrong.

We got home after Matt already got home from work and Matt came out to greet us, get Nathan out of the car, etc.  I was trying to be sly and just get him back in the house before he looked in the back of the car.  But I didn't want him to know that I got him anything at all for fear he would know what it was.  I was doing so well until Nathan raced to the back of the car and started whining/crying.  I thought he wanted his trike that was in the garage in a box by the back of the car (for HIS birthday).   Matt went back to get him and I guess Nathan made him open the back of the car door because next thing I know he is opening it.  I yell "No! Don't open the back door!" when I notice what is going on.  Then I go into the house and burst into tears.  Yep, I'm pregnant.

My mistake?  Telling Nathan at Target that we were getting the fire pit for daddy's birthday.  He's not dumb.  He wanted to give it to his daddy since that's who we were getting it for!  "Look what we got you, Daddy!"
Photobucket

Photobucket

And the sticks to roast marshmallows for s'mores.
Photobucket

Happy Birthday, Daddy!
Photobucket

I obviously got over it enough to take a few pictures anyway.  I thought my bow and matching card were now a waste of money...there goes my presentation!
Photobucket
Matt said the pictures don't truly portray how distraught I actually was!

I even mustered up a smile.
Photobucket

The actual day of Matt's birthday, Friday.  Nathan was helping mommy vacuum.
Photobucket

He's such a good helper :)
Photobucket

Decorating Daddy's birthday card.
Photobucket

He's learning his colors so he enjoys coloring a lot right now.
Photobucket

Picking out stickers for the card.
Photobucket

Well, here's a little presentation anyway...even though Matt already saw this stuff!
Photobucket

When Matt came home Nathan gave him his card.
Photobucket

And told him "Happy Daddy!" (He always omits the "birthday")
Photobucket

Photobucket

That night we had Nicole over and had s'mores!
Photobucket

Nathan had to have my bike helmet out of the garage and then wanted it on.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Roasting the mallows.
Photobucket

Someone is just chillin' out in their chair.
Photobucket
 
Don't be fooled, most the time he was running around like crazy.
Photobucket
We were trying to teach him to be very careful around the fire, that it's hot, etc.  The fire pit might be more of an experience for when the kiddos are older or once they have gone to bed!

Although by these pictures, it looks like a totally relaxing, enjoyable time!
Photobucket
He must have worn out! :)

1 comment:

mmncgrand said...

I love this last picture of you and Nathan too. Good to also see pictures of Nicole. It must have gotten cool while you were enjoying the fire. "Happy Daddy"! I like that.