Monday, August 6, 2012

6th Anniversary

I don't know how you will handle this, but I'm about to write a post with NO pictures of Nathan in it!  So you might just want to skim it :)  These are what our blog posts used to look like!

Our 6th Wedding Anniversary was this past Sunday.  We went out on Friday night to celebrate.  It was at the end of Matt's 12 day stretch of working, so it was really nice to just get to be together, chat and enjoy each others company while Ashley watched Nathan.

Matt came home from work with flowers for me :)
Photobucket
A good start to the night! 

 Here we are in the car before going into Panda Express.
Photobucket
Don't scold Matt for for the restaurant choice.  It's what I wanted!  We don't go there with Nathan...he wouldn't be impressed with the food :)  So it is a favorite of mine for a date night.  Fast, easy and tasty.

We went to Garden of the Gods after dinner...this is also a favorite place of mine in the Springs.  We saw several deer when driving in.  There's only one in this picture though.
Photobucket

This was also week 33 for me.  So we figured we should take a few pictures!
Photobucket

Photobucket

And a nice lady saw us trying to balance the camera on the car to get some pictures of us together.  She offered to help us out :)
Photobucket

We were very appreciative!
Photobucket

So blessed to go through life with this man...the difficult times and the wonderful times.
Photobucket

Close your eyes if you don't like kissy face photos!
Photobucket

We also went to Monument Valley Park and to the Promenade Shops at Briargate later that night.   We had some chocolate from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and ice cream at Maggie Moos!  It was a fun relaxing night with the man I love and am excited to share the rest of my life with!  He is so generous, helpful, caring, loving & patient.  AND he's good-looking! Bonus :)  He is an outstanding daddy and a such a great husband...he is a perfect match for me.  Thank you, Lord for bringing us together.  Can't believe we will be having our second son together next month!  We're excited for our future together...

5 comments:

Pap and Gram said...

Happy Anniversary We sure do want to see you both. Remember you were our granddaughter and grandson longer than Nathan was our great grandson, HA. We love you both. I have some catching up to do on the other pictures. But wanted to say Hi for now. Love and prayers Pap and Gram. (heading out to the doctors and work this am. 6:15)

mmncgrand said...

Beautiful!! Six years ago we witnessed your vows in beautiful PA. I will never forget being there. I did enjoy the pictures even tho Nathan wasn't in them. God grant you many more years to come.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the vase for the flowers! You two are a beautiful and awesome couple and we are so blessed to have you in our lives. -The VanHorns

Nicole said...

Glad you guys were able to enjoy a night out! Sonya, you're smoking in that black dress!!

Matt and Sonya said...

Pap & Gram: Ha ha. This is true I guess... Have a great day! You sure do start your days early! Hope your foot begins to heal better, mom has filled me in. Love you!

Grandma J: Glad you still enjoyed them :) That was a good day in PA, wasn't it? :) Love you!

Jen: Thanks! We feel the same about you and Kyle. And I know..isn't the vase awesome? I couldn't find our vases in the basement, so I grabbed a water bottle :) Good look I think!

Nicole: Thanks! I will take any compliments given at this LARGE stage of my pregnancy :) I appreciate it!