Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pennsylvania Part 1

Ok, I have so many pictures I am just going to take our PA trip one post at a time! So I will just start posting and put more up as I have time. I know there are grandparents out there who want to see pictures of Nathan already!

Matt, Nathan and I visited my home state for a few weeks this June. We had a great time visiting with my family and taking some time for ourselves to relax. Nathan loved all of the attention, and mommy loved all of the help! :)

The trip started quite eventfully on Saturday morning. We were supposed to be leaving at 5am and we woke up around 5:07 am to my phone ringing! Josh, who was picking us up realized we must have overslept. So after trying Matt's phone with no luck, he had to call his wife, Amber, to get my number...and that is how we woke up. It is was chaotic, we were running around and I still managed to squeeze in a shower! Nathan was on our floor watching us in bewilderment, yet he looked amused. We were ready in record time (Matt wants to know why I can't do that all of the time :) ) and we also made it to the airport in record time and made our flight at 6:30am with time to spare! Thank goodness. That would not have been a good way to start the trip off.

Here we are on our trip out. We did it in 3 flights! And the turkey never slept for more than a half hour on the plane. Nathan in Washington Dulles airport dressed for bed so he can crash once we get to PA
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

In Pennsylvania at last! I just gave the stroller a push to the grandparents and then snapped a picture :)
Photobucket

They were a little happy to see him
Photobucket

Grandma Liz determined to get a smile. She didn't want him having stranger anxiety. She read somewhere that that happens at his age. I read that too. But it never was a problem at all. And she succeeded.
Photobucket

Photobucket

That night the grandparents fed him watermelon for dessert at home (one of my favorites) after dinner at Cracker Barrel. The next day after church, we went out with David, Age and Colin for lunch. And now the kid is being fed a lemon!
Photobucket
He didn't give the reaction desired. He went for more!

That afternoon Matt and I went with David, Age and Colin to the The Refuge. It's a house that was purchased to become a youth center in Sunbury. Their church helps to support it and David and Age were doing some insulation before the machine had to be returned to Lowe's. I don't know that we were a lot of help, but we tried! Age had the transportation of the ladder down pat.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Colin was in charge of turning the machine on and off.
Photobucket

Age totally cracking up when the insulation gets out of hand into David's face!
Photobucket

Colin after crawling out of the window of Pappy's truck to perch on the drums.
Photobucket

Pap & Grandma giving Nathan water later that night. They had him during the day too when we were at the Refuge...who knows what else they gave him! Ha. They know better.
Photobucket
So, that was the first 3 days. More to come!

1 comment:

Deb said...

what a nice surprise when I arrived home from work. Looks like you had a great time. Can't wait to get our hands on him again!