Monday, February 21, 2011

Valentine's Day

A very sweet friend of ours watched Nathan for us the Friday night before Valentine's Day so we could have a date night to celebrate. We went to the Promenade Shops at Briargate...one of my favorite areas in the Springs! We ate at the California Pizza Kitchen (a first for us) and perused the shops. It was a fun night out for the two of us.

Then on Monday morning, Valentine's Day, Matt gave his Valentine to me...on a DVD! It was so good! He's such a sweetheart. You're welcome to view it here. It's fun to look back on last year of anticipating Nathan's birth as well as the joyous first months of his life!

So I enjoyed my first Valentine's Day with TWO Valentines! Here's a picture of my youngest one:
Photobucket

Quite the cutie, huh?
Photobucket

Ready for the big heart day...red socks and all!
Photobucket

Nathan rolled over from his back to his stomach for the first time on Valentine's Day! I thought he would forget how, but he did it 5 more times that day...so Daddy got to see it. And then about every day since! He rolls over in his crib now too. The first couple of times he did it, his arm got stuck under him like this:
Photobucket

I thought it was so funny, so I took pictures.
Photobucket
What kind of mom am I?

Eventually, I helped him with his plight and freed his arm.
Photobucket

When Daddy came home from work, Nathan had a card for him.
Photobucket

It was difficult to keep him from eating it, but we managed to distract him for a picture.
Photobucket

It was a success. Daddy LOVED it!
Photobucket

Here is the card
Photobucket
I think being a mom is loosening me up a bit. Notice I accidentally put two "I"s in "WARNING". Nathan and I had already signed it so I said, "Oh well!" This is not the norm for me! :) (Not to mention how crumpled this card is when I took pictures of it because Nathan was eating it)

Photobucket

Then I tried to be fancy and make a heart shaped brownie for Matt.
Photobucket
I put too much water in the brownie mix because I was distracted and then had to add flour and hot cocoa mix to fix it. For those of you who know me well, this is not much of a surprise. Matt claims it actually tasted good!

Mommy and her Little Valentine
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We hope you all had a day filled with love!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Loved the video Matt! And yes, Nathan is #1 with the ladies! So thankful for this little guy.