Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Homemade Pizza

No...I didn't become that ambitious in my culinary pursuits! Not yet, anyway. The homemade pizza was ALL Uncle Jerry! Uncle Jerry and Aunt Kathy came over for dessert last Friday night. And to our surprise, brought in a cooler with all of the fixings for a delicious homemade pizza! Apparently, it is Uncle Jerry's specialty. Look at him toss that dough in the air! To say the least...I was impressed. Even before I tasted the pizza! Uncle Jerry added all of the desired toppings and we threw it in the oven. It was absolutely delicious!












Now...my world famous brownies didn't make the photo shoot. But don't be fooled they were amazing as well. :) Aunt Kathy asked what my recipe was and the secret had to be revealed. I pulled out my Great Value brownie mix box and confessed to my $1.27 splurge! If only she knew how rarely I get around to throwing the batter into the oven because I eat it raw! Don't knock it until you try it, though! It hits the spot every time!
While I may not be a cooking queen, I do enjoy setting up a good looking table! As much as I love the look of placemats on my dark table, I had to buy a tablecloth the other day to protect it when we have larger meals with company or are playing games on it. To my delight, these napkins that my mom (Wittleder) bought me matched beautifully! I love these napkins. I have had them for awhile because I only use them for special occasions or company. And let's be honest, many people don't care about what their table looks like which is perfectly okay by me. But I like to use them when they are fully appreciated! And Aunt Kathy noticed them right away! She appreciated how cute they are. I never get tired of them. They have my green and brown on them along with light blue and black and are very contemporary. Mom knew my tastes well before we set up our apartment in Colorado with those exact colors! Thanks Mom!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jer looks good. Sure wish I had a piece of that pizza. I KNOW it was delicious. G.

Anonymous said...

I had to look at your blog again today just so I could see Jerry's face. I miss him so. Love you bunches and thanks for your blog. I look every day. Grandma

Anonymous said...

I think making homemade pizza must be a Gaul family specialty because Momma Witt was the one who taught me how to make her awesome homemade pizza as well. Mark asks for it quite often, especially during our first year of marriage. I think I must have made it for him once a week! Must run in their genes! And Uncle Jerry looks like a pro! Rosie :)