Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happy Birthday, Colin!


Our nephew, Colin, is 3 years old today! This kid is the cutest little boy ever!! I suppose we might be biased...but we don't think so :)

Colin (with the help of his mommy) sends us many cards throughout the year. We LOVE getting them. They just brighten our day like nothing else! Well that and when Age sends us Snapfish photo albums of our adorable nephew thoroughly enjoying every event and activity in his life! Matt and I snuggle up on the couch or our bed and watch the Snapfish slideshow of our energetic little nephew who brings laughter to our lips and warmth to our hearts.

Oh yeah...back to the point. I get sidetracked often, can you tell? The cards. Well, Matt got a card for graduation this year and his birthday. This kid LOVES his Uncle Matt. Aunt Sonya takes a back seat when he is around! ha ha. It is so cute. So we thought that we would send him a homemade card too. We got out our markers, cardstock, pictures and glue. And went to work. Here is how it turned out!



We knew it was vitally important for Matt to have a large role in the card making so his nephew would fully enjoy it, so Matt drew him a picture. Matt is going to kill me for putting this up here...but I think it is SO cute! Plus, I promised his Grandma that I would! (Make sure you click on it to see it close-up!) See, we are going to be in PA in early December so Matt drew a picture of us flying home to see him. And we thought that he would like the plane and would totally get it because Age told me awhile ago that when they were on Market Street, Colin looked up in the sky and said, "Mommy, do you see that plane up there. I think Aunt Sonya is in it." Isn't that adorable? He knows that we live in Colorado too...and pronounces it so well. His mom has done a good job making sure that he knows his aunt and uncle well even though we are far away. Thanks, Age!




This is the back of the card. I wrote out his whole name because when people ask him what his name is, he says "Colin Ray Melhorn". Not just Colin!

I think he likes his name because if I call him a "turkey" or "Silly" or an equally endearing name, he says, "I'm not a Turkey, I'm Colin!"
Ha Ha. Love it.

We are looking forward to seeing him soon! He is getting so tall it is crazy. He is only 2 in this picture here. He is going to be 6 ft tall before we know it so we need to get home and see him before he is taller than me!

2 comments:

mmncgrand said...

I am glad you are keeping close To Colin even though you are far apart. I am sure he knows you love him very much. The card was cute. Good job Uncle Matt. Love, Grandma

Matt and Sonya said...

For anyone who cared what the response to this card was...I am told that Colin said, "What a cute little mountain!" Ha ha. That kid is hilarious!