Thursday, June 26, 2014

The Clark Family

So Craig, whose 4Runner I took photos of, wanted to know if I would be interested in doing some family photos for a military family that was staying at their home for a few weeks while they were in transition.  I was hesitant at first but I was so blessed by this family and am glad I got the  pleasure to meet them!

Meet the Clark family and some of my favorites!


The specifically wanted some "Colorado" photos taken before they moved to South Carolina for their next adventure.  They wanted Pike's Peak, red rocks and the boys climbing around on them.  So Garden of the God's it was!




I fell in love with these boys...Reagan (9) and Easton (11).


Easton was motioning his little bro over as I asked if he could put him a "choke hold" for a pic.  He was grinning ear to ear!


And Reagan was a great sport!




These boys were so respectful and fun.  Their personalities were quite different and I could see a few characteristics of my boys in them.  It was just a nice glimpse and what life could look like 7 years from now. 


























Easton wanted a pic with Pike's Peak, his favorite mountain.






I learned a lot from their mom, Jen, just by observing.  She was an awesome mom.  Let the boys do what they wanted in terms of pictures with her.  Didn't force anything.  And she let them climb up rocks and let them be boys!  She told me, "just have good insurance!"




You could tell the boys loved her.










These were fun.
















The boys deserved to get to run and jump at the end! They had a ball!



This was really an amazing experience for me. I felt so blessed by this time. Amazingly, Jen said they were so blessed by it as well. She said they hadn't laughed that much in awhile and God knew just what they needed that night. They weren't anxious to move from Colorado. They were just here 2 years and it felt more like home than any of their other locations. I guess Germany was the last one. But the boys of course didn't want to leave friends and school. None of them wanted to. I was grateful to have that small glimpse into their life for an hour and a half. They paid me more than I asked and left me feeling full. What a fun night!

1 comment:

mmncgrand said...

A great experience for you Sonya.
The pictures were wonderful of a very cute family.