Tuesday, February 4, 2014

January 10-16

Nathan loving his new table to color with George while Josh naps.


He wanted me to get a picture of George's feet!




Coloring a cat picture he got from the gym.


George's turn.


He is talking to George and telling him what he's going to color!


Now he's holding George's "hand" with the marker in it and Nathan's wrapped around it all.


Nathan loves playing and taking care of George.  He feeds him, dresses him, tells stories about him being sick...etc.  Sometimes it drives me crazy because I have a third kid to worry about since he usually needs my help for many of his activities.  But then I see this wonderful ability in Nathan to care for others, be aware of their needs, and lovingly help them...and I wonder what he will do with these wonderful and rare compassionate traits.  It shouldn't be a surprise with the example he has in a father!  But yet, some of these personality features seem innate.








He's loving life right about now :)


George too :)




Look who's up!  Nathan's turn for a nap.  It will probably only be a few more months for this to be the case.  And even now, it's not always.  Josh just doesn't seem ready to have ONE nap every single day.  So more recently I've tried to throw it in there and will maybe started to do every other day consistently.  I just hate making him wait for it when he seems so tired and ready for it!  




Weekend of football.  The Eagles are out, but we're still supporting :)


It cracks me up when he leans his head over to the side and looks at me like this.  I'm glad Matt got a picture of it!




I was trying to warm up by the fire and Josh crawled up with me.  I think he was actually on his way down by this point.


Coloring with daddy!


My mom got some of these books for Nathan that has activity sheets to tear out.  I'm not very consistent at remembering to do them, but they're good!  I'm helping Nathan write a "B".  (Obviously, I haven't been too consistent since we're only at B! ha ha)






I don't know what I'm doing here, but he loves to look at pictures and watch videos of people.  He likes seeing the slides I create for Encompass too.  Which I think I will be adding 2 more branches soon.  So a little more work, but not a ton.  I mostly do it at night while Matt is finishing up his work anyway.  Although, we're still trying to figure out how to get to bed sooner!  But it's kind of our time to connect,  hang out, laugh and chat, sooo I doubt it will change anytime soon :)




Shampooing our carpets the Wednesday (late night!) before Amber's Baby Shower on Saturday.  Did I mention this?  I can't remember.  But me and her sister and another friend hosted one of her four (I just found this out!) showers!  

Jim & Karla let us borrow their RugDoctor!

Matt was such a huge help to me during this time.

He admitted that he was "ready to sleep again" after the shower was over. Now I know there are those who do these sorts of things effortlessly and it doesn't put much of a dent in their real lives, but after two photo shoots, editing, getting photos printed and re-printed, cleaning the house in places that mattered like the oven, cabinets, floors and touching up paint to name a few, it was tiring!  Plus, doing this with two young boys made it more challenging.  But we did it!  I will say, that I LOVED how our house felt that evening and the day after...just really, really clean!  

I'm glad we were able to because there really wasn't another place to have it!  I'm not saying this to complain, just sharing the truth of what that looks like for me since this is a private blog.  This was actually the first party I have hosted at my home like that so I learned some really good things! And I now have an even greater appreciation for all those with the gift of hospitality (and especially those who don't!) for opening their homes to functions such as this.  We had an expected 31 women on the RSVP list.  Photos of the shower in the next post!

1 comment:

mmncgrand said...

Oh, my, I need to do that so badly with my house but not until we have no snow to track back in. Then I will get the carpets cleaned and have my little friend at church help me clean the house. Maybe the other way around tho.

Looks like that table and chairs was a wise investment for you. They both look so cute at it and of course Geirge.