Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Amber's Shower

Josh & Amber are having a baby BOY the first week of March!   So we're celebrating!  Rachel, Amber's sister, Jess, a teacher friend of Amber, and I threw her a shower at our home the 3rd Saturday of January.  Jess made this lovely dot banner for the occasion!


And I switched out all of my pictures in our frames for the event.  It seemed like it would be weird and distracting to have our family hanging all around the house when the day was to be about Amber and Baby Boy Luongo!


The food table, minus the quiche.  The quiche really was lovely and delicious and sat on that empty oval platter.  I just snapped a few photos before they were out of the oven and before it got crazy!

The table runner is one of the patterns being used in the nursery.  Thank you Etsy!

Rachel made the coffee cake on that cute orange cake plate of Jess's.  The tiered white cake plates...also from Jess! 


And Jess made this cute baby boy banner.   The girls dropped their stuff off during the week so I could have everything set up and ready to go on Saturday morning.


A few begin to arrive.  Oh yeah, I found some blue pillows in my house. 


Me, Jess, Amber and Rachel!


And this...is Matt's work of art!  My idea as I was going with the orange and blue theme.  I didn't even know if oranges and grapes tasted good together.  They did!  Score!  But on the morning of the event, my amazing husband did this for me.  He even left a big hole int he middle (that you can't see) so we didn't waste too much fruit on this decoration!  Isn't he awesome?


In the corner container are game prizes and a list with clipboard for us to write who got what for her so she knew who to thank. It was Jess's idea for her to have all of this written down a cute piece of paper (rather than a scrap of notebook paper)! And it was really easy for me to create. Cool idea!


Orange juice and water...orange and blue.  Matt also peeled the clementines for me before whisking the boys off to McDonalds.  I love him so much.  I'd be lost without him.


I think these were Josh & Amber's neighbors!  Very sweet.  They saw me taking pictures of them at their house that one Saturday. 


Game of guessing how many candies were in the jar.


Mostly Focus girls!


We had words of wisdom/advice cards for them to fill out for Amber that she could put in an album later as well as envelopes to put their name and address on for thank you cards.


Gifts!  And the purses not in the closet :)


And again...


Everyone fits! Phew :)


Amber and her sister.  Rachel is reading the answers off to a cute questionnaire to see who knew the most about Amber, Josh and the pregnancy.

Oh, and I think I see quiche back there :)  What's left anyway!

She did well!


The neighbor in the black on the left made this blanket!




Amber's mom made this blanket/comforter for the baby's crib.  This is basically the look of the nursery.  Navy "gotcha" print. grey chevron and orange.


We sent a message out to everyone on the Evite to let them know that Amber & Josh did not have their stroller yet and if they would like to contribute to this purchase we could put all of the money together and present it to her this way!

She got $250 plus!  I'd say that's a nice chunk of a very expensive item!

The guests and guest of honor!




That's Sarena on the left, newest member of small group and dear friend that I am getting to know better after attending Focus with many years ago, and Lindy.  Lindy was our resident director at Focus and is close to having baby number three!


Ashley-awesome babysitter and friend.  Lauren-friend of Ashley's (they attended Taylor University together), friend of mine (went to Focus AND was in the small group we were in before the one we are in now.  We still really love her and Andy. 




Amber of course went to Focus with these girls too!


Rachel's mother-n-law to be wanted me take a picture of all of these socks for Josh...he is a big fan of crazy socks I guess :)  This lady filled my cup that day with all sorts of affirmation and genuine sweetness.


Amber said the shower was more than she had hoped for! I'm so glad she had a good day and that so many were able to come and support her.

Josh walked in with Matt & Nathan at the end and as soon as he spotted me he just started balling! I've never seen him do this before! He was very ready for nap time...and lunch! It had been awhile since breakfast at McDonalds :)

1 comment:

mmncgrand said...

Wow!! You did this all well Sonya. What a crowd. Everything was so pretty. Yes you have a great and helpful and creative husband. The oranges and grapes were beautiful. The only thing missing were kids.