Monday, April 2, 2012

Weekend Outdoors

This past weekend was warm and sunny so we got to spend some time outdoors as a family. On Saturday we went to Ute Valley Park for a hike. We didn't know if we would be able to use the carrier this season but Nathan still loves it! In fact, when it sits out and home he wants us to put him in it :)
Photobucket

It's a bit of a workout for Matt, but he actually did great with the extra weight!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Break time!
Photobucket

Our son makes me laugh a lot.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Going up a small mountain :)
Photobucket

Again, Matt did great!
Photobucket

It is crazy how much longer he is than last year! This is a year ago on the right...his feet are INSIDE the carrier!
PhotobucketPhotobucket


Nathan needed a snack near the end of our trek. Enjoying pretzels in his carriage :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

All done!
Photobucket

This is Sunday afternoon. He was wearing my camelbak around.
Photobucket

He really liked it...until this point. Have you ever seen this expression Grandma J? ha ha.
Photobucket

It was obvious we needed to go take a walk in the sunshine! So we went down by Cottonwood Creek. This is in the tunnel under the bridge.
Photobucket
I don't usually like grafitti at all but I kind of liked that it said "Love".

I tried to get Nathan to take a picture with me by it.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Nathan looking into the water under the bridge.
Photobucket

These next two pictures crack me up! He thought he saw a fish so he did the fish face for us! I have never seen him do it this well!
Photobucket

Mommy doesn't know what sound a fish makes...that's why we do this. I love his face and his hair blowing in the wind!!! (He is definitely ready for another haircut)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Back in the sunlight. He insisted on carrying the water bottle.
Photobucket
He looks so funny with his fisherman's hat and sweat bands on his arms :)

These are the bands that he wore when he was Eagles player, DeSean Jackson, for Halloween. He found them in Daddy's drawer and wanted to wear them :)
Photobucket

He's such a goof.
Photobucket

When we got home, Matt took Nathan outside to water the grass while I talked to my Grandma Berry. Pap was in a very bad car accident over the weekend and God miraculously protected him...no blood or broken bones despite running into a telephone pole and a brick wall! Definitely a scare for everyone but we are praising God for protection.

I managed to still snap a pic or two when Matt came and wanted me to see that Nathan figured out how to work the hose.
Photobucket

Oh dear.
Photobucket

Of course he loved it.
Photobucket

Photobucket

:)
Photobucket
Matt said he was laughing hysterically and then all of the sudden he started to cry because he was so wet and cold!

So I had to run to get him some towels to dry the cold boy off!
Photobucket

4 comments:

mmncgrand said...

No, I haven't seen that expression or the fish one. He is sooooooo cute. I am ready to go for my colonoscopy and decided to look at the ones from yesterday and low and behold there were more pictures. Made my day. I can think on them instead of my stomach. Glad Grandpa Berry is ok. Praise God.

Nicole said...

I like the fish faces! And I think you should just let the hair get shaggier and shaggier!

Pap and Gram Berry said...

I am so far behind with comments. I have looked at the pictures and sure have enjoyed them. Now i see what Nathan was doing while you were talking to me. Brought Pap home Tuesday evening. So blessed to have him yet. He is doing fine so far. Love you all. Hope to see you soon.

mmncgrand said...

I am so glad your Pap is home and doing ok Sonya. I love the way Nathan looks at both of you with such delight. He definitely is in love with his Mom and Dad.