Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Weekend

On Saturday, we went to the Wagon Trails neighborhood Easter egg hunt.
Photobucket

Note for the future: Don't show up a few minutes late, all the eggs will be gone! Oh well, he picked up a pine cone and put it in his basket and the Easter Bunny took pity on him and gave him TWO eggs!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Showing mommy his goods.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I like this one. It looks like he's telling a secret.
Photobucket

He sees a doggy here.
Photobucket

Trying to find something to give the doggy.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Showing mommy his finds again.
Photobucket

He spotted a dog again in this picture. So he is panting!
Photobucket

I just realized what he is doing!
Photobucket

The nice family with the dog offered to take a family picture.
Photobucket

Pulling out his treasures.
Photobucket

There's that pine cone!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Oooh. Candy inside!
Photobucket

He liked the surprise in the eggs!
Photobucket

We went to our Easter service on Saturday afternoon. Our church ran 3 services on Saturday, and then another 3 on Sunday. We took a few family pics before church.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Heading to church!
Photobucket

Wearing his Easter basket (last year's basket from Nana) on his head!
Photobucket

He's a ham.
Photobucket

Looking at his tray...where did all my food go?
Photobucket
You ate it, Silly! Video of him wearing the basket here.

Later that night Mommy was cleaning the stainless steel appliances. Nathan likes to help with job. He wants me to squirt the Windex on his paper towel.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Got his Easter basket and BRIGHT ugly frog from Grandma Liz ready for Easter morning! (Just kidding, mom, I know I approved it...watch it become his favorite like you said! ha. ha. Grandma Berry: Mom said watch it end up becoming a "Joshua"! :)
Photobucket

So glad I took that picture the night before because I wasn't thinking when I left it sit out for him in the morning. I got up with early bird Nathan on Saturday morning while Matt slept in, so Matt got up with Nathan on Sunday morning while I slept in. So of course when Nathan saw the goods there was no hiding it at that point. Thankfully, my husband is on top of it and took some pictures and a video for me!

He went for the frog right away!
Photobucket
Just his size.

Photobucket

Ridiculously crazy about it.
Photobucket

Oh yeah, Easter basket from Daddy & Mommy :)
Photobucket

Matt thought these capsules that you put in water and they turn into animals would be fun...so we picked them up from the dollar store. However, he said they were a dud!
Photobucket

There was a puzzle and bubbles in there too along with soccer ball and football eggs filled with candy.
Photobucket

And back to the frog...
Photobucket
Looks like he is getting ready to kiss it.

Sure enough!
Photobucket
"Mmmmwaahh!" That's what he says when he kisses these days :)

Photobucket

Time for our Easter breakfast! The men slaving away in the kitchen.
Photobucket

Nathan snacks on strawberries while he stirs the pancake batter.
Photobucket

Ready to eat!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Matt wanted to know why I took a picture of his plate. I said it was more colorful with the salsa.

He said mine was neater. So here's mine.
Photobucket

Nathan likes the orange juice!
Photobucket

Crazy kid. He likes to climb in his toy box to play with his toys. It took him awhile, but he realized that I draped his frog over the lid while he was playing.
Photobucket

Photobucket

On our way out for Nathan's own Easter egg hunt! We thought we needed to make it up to him so we hid a few of his eggs out back :) He wanted to wear Daddy's hat.
Photobucket

Let's go!
Photobucket

Oops! Dropped my basket!
Photobucket

Now where are more eggs?
Photobucket

I don't notice this egg under my basket, but here's a nice orange pellet!
Photobucket

Gotcha!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Needed Daddy's help to get a high one.
Photobucket

Got them all!
Photobucket

Now to admire the goods!
Photobucket

How many more do we have in here?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Getting daddy to open the chocolate for him.
Photobucket

Mommy, open this one!
Photobucket
We had to cut him off. He had a lot left in his basket but he wanted to open and eat every piece of chocolate!

On a walk later. He likes to stop and pick the dandelions...while carrying a big stick.
Photobucket
But I didn't get a picture of the stick. He must have lost it at this point.

Photobucket

Easter sugar cookies after dinner.
Photobucket

What a good Easter.
Photobucket
Happy Easter!

In reading through the Easter story I am reminded of how fortunate we are to be living in a time when Christ's blood became the sacrifice that allowed us direct access to God! Christ's love for us is unfathomable to me. The pain and ridicule he endured on the cross. The way he kept silent while his accusers hurled insults at him...if only I could learn to not be defensive like that. If any one had a good defense...it would have been him! I am so grateful for the salvation granted me through His blood. He has RISEN!

3 comments:

mmncgrand said...

Oh, my, I have tears in my eyes from looking at these pictures. As Nathan was looking for eggs I was thinking of our crazy kids that just about trample each other to get their finds. I am glad that Nathan didn't have any competition on his hunt. I am looking forward, however, to the time we can have a egg hunt for Nathan and Drew together. I don't think I will let my BIG grand children get involved in it tho.
Love those kisses and hugs you gave me Nathan when we skyped.

Pap and Gram said...

What a wonderful Easter.... Christ suffered a lot for us to be enjoying our salvation today. And think so many turn their back on Him...I love Him so much...
At least Nathan's frog has a little more color than Joshua.... Ha
It still amazes me how you took to that little ugly baby......He even had a flat face.....
We had a good time with some of the great grand children yesterday and then to think we could enjoy Nathan's Easter too.
Bless you all Love Pap and Gram

Matt and Sonya said...

Ha ha, Grandma J. Of course they trampled each other...there were some good things in those eggs!! :) Yes...Nathan and Drew would have to WATCH OUT if all grandkids were involved!

Glad you had a good Easter, Gram. Yes, I loved that baby so much. He looked perfect to me! I still have him. Most of my childhood toys I am fine with getting rid of, but he will be the one I will always hang on to. Funny how he lasted a lot longer than the carrier that he came with...the real reason you bought it!