Sunday, April 8, 2012

Home Updates

Some of these photos are actually not very updated. Each room seems to be a work in progress and the bedroom and play room ones were taken several weeks ago. So some things have been added or changed in these rooms. But since I was putting a few pictures up of our living room, I thought I'd throw the other ones in too.

The living room after our IKEA trip this week.
Photobucket
It looks and feels a lot brighter than these photos show.

The rug and pillows are also from IKEA. I am in love with that store.
Photobucket

Here you can see the IKEA ottoman that we pull over to the couch when we want to really relax on the couches.
Photobucket

I have frames and photos of Nathan that are on their way to put up in the living room too. One behind the tv and then 3 others on this wall.
Photobucket
This wall would also be a good place for a sofa table from IKEA but I kind of like to have this space for my drying rack when I'm doing laundry!

And here's our playroom a few weeks ago. We took the second couch down to the basement and I did my best to keep Nathan's toys out of sight when he's not playing with them! We got the toy bins to store his balls and blocks etc. And then his bigger items...4-wheeler, tool bench and wagon go in the window. We also got the shoe stand by the couch at IKEA.
Photobucket
Obviously, there is still some work to be done on the walls. And, I don't think we are keeping that light. But it definitely feels more "homey" and less playroomish...which I like since it is also the main entrance to our house!

When I need to not be looking at bright green, orange and red!
Photobucket
At some point I can put the curtains up appropriately on the window with a nice rod. But for now, I like having the tension rod pulled out from the window so his toys can be neatly tucked away! Oh, and that rug is not there anymore, it's in the living room.

This is the shoe storage cabinet. We bought it to stow our computers away in. They can be plugged in and charging and also kept out of sight without cords laying everywhere! The other two compartments we plan to use for our filing of things we access on a daily basis...utility bills, mortgage payments etc. That way we can file these things away as they come in the door instead of them laying around until we run upstairs to put them away. I love it!
Photobucket

Here's Matt's computer stowed away.
Photobucket

It feels better looking from the living room towards the playroom and kitchen now.
Photobucket
Oh yeah, did I mention the picture is from IKEA too?

IKEA and Targets buy one get one 50% off of home decor is largely responsible for making some good progress in our master bedroom.
Photobucket
We have a Denver skyline canvas for over our bed that we still need to put up. It's sitting on our dresser currently. In time I will need to find something for over the dresser as well.

Photobucket

I love this reading nook.
Photobucket
There are some teal photo frames on the wall here now with black and whites of Matt and I.

Photobucket

And this is on the wall opposite the bed. I love this mirror!
Photobucket

Matt also put bifold doors up on the opening going into the bathroom. LOVE having that closed off! And he installed the brushed nickel towel rods, robe hook, and light fixture in the bathroom. We also have our teal and gray towels to match the room! I haven't taken any pics of the bathroom though since we did all that. Maybe someday... I didn't intend to give you a ll a play by play of each detail, so hopefully at some point we can call a room finished and then you can see the final product! I don't feel like I can capture the colors correctly either. Matt was saying he thinks it looks a lot better in person. But I guess you'll have to take our word for it! And that's it for now.

4 comments:

Pap and Gram said...

It is so exciting looking at your progress with your home. We appreciate so much the time you put in in keeping us informed. Love it.
Hope you had a beautiful Easter. Love Pap and Gram

Nicole said...

Your house is so crisp, clean and cooridinated! I like that shoe cabinet for your computers, it's nice to have the cords out of sight - I hate looking at those! Oh, I also love that little reading nook in your room and I look forward to seeing that Denver skyline, I'm sure it'll look nice.

Matt and Sonya said...

You're welcome, Grandma! Hope you had a great Easter too!

Nicole! Thanks! All of the words you used...crisp, clean, coordinated...are things I love. So I'm so glad it actually looks that way! I do think you'd like the skyline. You will need to get one for your apt when you move out here!

mmncgrand said...

Thanks for telling me about these other posts. I would have missed them. I too like how neat and clean your house looks and especially the teal accent - oh, and the reading nook. My reading nook is my favorite place in our home.