Sunday, April 1, 2012

More of Our Life Lately...

Nathan loves to pretend he is talking on the phone. And recently, he has decided he loves to be up on chairs, couches etc. Here he is chatting away at the kitchen table. He could have been talking to any one of you!
Photobucket

Bath time. I let him take a bath in Mommy & Daddy's tub.
Photobucket

Helping Daddy put together the bedstands from IKEA. He usually pounds with the wrong side of the hammer. :)
Photobucket

Daddy showing him how to do it correctly.
Photobucket

Photobucket

He loved the little hardware.
Photobucket

And handing it to Daddy.
Photobucket

The week after he was getting better from the stomach bug, he developed a really bad cold. It was the most sick I have ever seen him. I felt so bad for him. He didn't sleep very well at all because his cough was so bad and his throat seemed to really be hurting him. He would moan after every cough. He also was running a fever between 100-102 for a few days, had a very runny nose and seemed really tired. A very good daddy helping his son get a little more rest...
Photobucket

Totally cute these two are.
Photobucket

Most of the week he didn't want to do anything but be held. He didn't eat a whole lot, he just wanted to cuddle on our laps. We got a lot of PBS in! This day, he was starting to feel a little better because he actually let me get up and move away from him. I ran upstairs for something and was surprised not to hear a peep out of him. I came back down looking for him, and didn't see him at first. That I realized he had curled up on the floor with Swoop. He his laying in front of the TV...but the TV is off!
Photobucket

I was so not used to seeing him act this way!
Photobucket

Thankfully, after a little less than a week of this cold, he started to return to his normal self. I did take him to the doctors at the beginning of the cold because when I called in, they thought something else might be going on with the throwing up from the stomach bug. They confirmed he just had a cold so I knew we just had to wait it out and try to make him as comfortable as possible through it! This past weekend it was fun to see him his fun carefree self. We missed his laugh and his talkativeness. He is back at it being goofy and making us laugh :) So thankful for a healthy child!

Kyle & Jen & Jamin were so sweet to bring Nathan a balloon, a get well card and a kite by the house! We haven't had a chance to the fly the kite yet, but he immediately loved the balloon. I think that was the only giggle we got from him all day the day they dropped it off. Here he his a few days later playing with it outside.
Photobucket

He likes to hit it :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

At one point, the wind took the balloon right out of his hand and into the neighbors yard! I thought it was a goner when it latched on to one of their bushes. But then the wind sent it back over the fence to us. Nathan thought it was hilarious! He was giggling like crazy.
Photobucket

Bed time.
Photobucket

Mom, I thought you might like to see this. Matt pulled this sleeper out and I told him that you got that for him a year ago! He did wear it then, but it was quite big. Well, it fits him quite snuggly now :)
Photobucket

It made it not even through a night because he had a temp of 102 in the middle of the night and Matt and I tried to give him medicine while he was laying down. This was the week before when he was getting over the stomach bug. He gagged and threw up. Oops...parents of the year? Anyway, I washed it and it was laying in the hallway. So this particular night that you see in the pictures I had asked him what pajamas he wanted to wear. He went to the hallway and I heard him saying "Eeee, Eee!" (this is what he says for a monkey). He comes back in with these PJs. And so, he got another wear out of them!
Photobucket

My generous husband got me an iPad a week or so ago. Now that the new iPads are out, the iPad2s were more in our price range! Plus, it helped that my very generous in laws (must be where Matt gets it) contributed for my birthday gift this year! I, of course, struggled with it for awhile thinking we didn't need it and it wasn't a wise move. But I got over it after a few days of having it because its portability is so convenient! Plus, Nathan loves it :) While I was showering, this is how I found him on our bed!
Photobucket

For about 2 days Nathan was wanting his shirt off like his daddy. ha ha. So that's why he has it off here.
Photobucket

He LOVES this Elmo app. He says, "Melmo, Melmo!"
Photobucket

There's a place where he can hit a music note on the alphabet app that takes him to a song. He is dancing to it here. You can see a video of it here. I believe this is the disco song that Grover is in that he is dancing to. Mom, I know you are going to laugh at the very last part because you are his Grandma...but I was appalled!
Photobucket
Oh, and bonus...you can see a little bit of the progress in our bedroom. I think it is now my favorite room of our house! This is all thanks to IKEA and Target buy one get one half of decor :)

Another morning playing on the iPad.
Photobucket

And dancing to the music :)
Photobucket
I'm lucky he is willing to share this seat with me. Usually he tries to push me out so he can get up there himself! He likes our new seat in our bedroom!

That's it for now. I need to post some pictures of this past weekend but I think this little munchkin needs a trip to Target!

1 comment:

mmncgrand said...

Oh, Nathan, Grandma doesn't like it when you are sick. I am so glad God made you well again. You are growing so fast. Everytime I see new pictures I think you are taller. When will I get to see you again?????????? I don't want to think about it. Love you all!