Thursday, March 15, 2012

Fun Outside

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we have had some warm days recently, which has been SO nice! Nathan LOVES the outdoors and is sad every time we have to come back inside. I think this is the day after we got these chairs at Sam's. It's good we did...they have come in handy!
Photobucket

Nathan and I were hanging out in the backyard for awhile.
Photobucket

He's on the steps playing with my phone, but notice the pile of rocks by my chair. He was bringing me every treasure he found!
Photobucket

His stash.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pushing his tool box.
Photobucket

Circling the chair.
Photobucket

Photobucket

That night daddy took Nathan for a bike ride down to Albertson's to pick up a prescription. Nathan really loved it and now tries to get in the trailer every time we are in the garage!
Photobucket

It was kind of getting darker faster than Matt expected. This was before the time change!
Photobucket

It looks darker in the picture than it really was, but it definitely got dark fast!
Photobucket

This week has gotten even warmer. Matt has had a few days where he didn't have any patients to see so he came home early. This was one of them. We decided to make the most of it and go on a bike ride in the daylight! It was the warmest day up until this point, so we were grateful it worked out so well! Nathan was all for it.
Photobucket

You can see it in the picture above this one too, but notice Nathan's water in Matt's bottle holder. Nathan saw me put one of ours there so Nathan thought his should go there!
Photobucket

Photobucket

We started biking and then decided to go all the way to one of our favorite parks...Cottonwood Creek Park! It's the one that is right by our old apartment.
Photobucket

They have a great playground here. Nathan's favorite way to go down the slide...backwards.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Daddy showing Nathan how it's done.
Photobucket
Nathan's not looking here, but when he did see daddy do it, he was cracking up. Anytime we jump or run or chase each other or do a somersault, or do anything really fast etc, he laughs hysterically.

Swinging!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Daddy whispered to him to give mommy a kiss.
Photobucket
I, of course, welcomed it!

After the ride. Matt usually takes Nathan to go get the mail if he hasn't already picked it up. It's just across the street, however, I just realized that I've never gotten it myself!
Photobucket
You also can see that our neighbors just painted their house.

Photobucket

Pulling the car in. I probably shouldn't have a picture of this.
Photobucket

Every time Nathan sees this vehicle he points at it because he wants to get in it.
Photobucket

Tuesday was nice as well. We had small group over for burgers...except for Kyle & Jen, Jen & Jamin were fighting the stomach flu :( Not fun. Nathan running around while we get the food ready.
Photobucket

He loves pulling this tool box around.
Photobucket

He always tries to get me to take him on a walk when we're in the backyard.
Photobucket
Not tonight, buddy. We have company coming!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm getting excited for summer!
Photobucket

3 comments:

mmncgrand said...

Nice, nice, nice. Thanks so much. Your back yard looks so inviting. I can see why Nathan likes being outside. I wonder if he thinks about the apartment at all. He is so darn cute. Love you. G. J.

Pap and Gram said...

Thanks so much for all the pictures. I know this is a lot of work for you. I check every morning and evening for updates. I was so excited to see them tonight. Nathan is so precious. I like the way it took his breath with the water. He sure enjoyed it. You guys are making memories for a life time. Blessings to you. Love Gram

Matt and Sonya said...

Grandma J- It would be interesting to see if he recognized the outside of our apt if we went by there. It would probably make me said to see the inside...I'm glad we are here but I prefer to remember that place like it was while we lived there!

ha ha. Yes, Gram, it did take his breath away! I'm glad we got it on video :) Thanks for checking in! love you!