Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Matt and I went on a hike on the 4th. We were anxious to try out our new Camelbaks and I wanted to try out my new trail runners. Thanks so much to Dad & Mom Witt & Mark & Rosie for these new birthday items! I loved my new gear.

Getting ready for our ascent.
Loving our Camelbaks. They make a hike so much easier.
The awesome new shoes. Worked great!
Stopping for a snack.
After our hike we drove around and saw some sweet houses. Not ones we could ever afford. But it was still fun to look! This one was a mere $674,00. :)
Matt's clever idea so we could keep drinking our water as we drove to a Mexican restaurant for lunch! ha ha.
The forcasted rain finally hit! But we were so glad it waited until 2pm instead of 8am as originally predicted. We got our hike in and had time for a nap before celebrating the 4th with friends.
We went to Gary & Allison's along with a few other friends for a barbeque (indoors, it was wet!) and some fireworks at the Air Force Academy later.
Only picture taken of the night...my flash kept going off too much before it would take a picture, so as not to be a nuisance to others, I put the cam away! By the way, I went to Focus with Ashley in the middle, and Lauren on the right. They actually went to Taylor for college!

1 comment:

mmncgrand said...

Thanks for more fun pictures of you and Matt. I always like how happy you look