Monday, June 3, 2013

My persistant, loveable, and sometimes challenging...little boy!

A funny story.

I was putting Nathan down for his nap one afternoon last week and he wasn't happy about it.  I can't remember the specifics but he did something that he wasn't supposed to so I said he was going straight down...no snack, no rocking, no nothing.  Of course, he came up with something he wanted.  He wanted sweatpants on and his shorts off.  It wasn't cold in his room at all.  I told him no and shut his door.  I was getting Josh up at this time (I wouldn't be surprised if Nathan woke him by yelling in protest about something) so I ignored his loud crying about how he wanted pants on.

I went about my afternoon getting Josh up, feeding him and playing with him.  I didn't even think to check the monitor for Nathan as I didn't hear any more yelling.  About an hour and a half later I glanced at it and saw this:
 photo IMG_7935_zpsf9ff67b4.jpg
I did a double take as I realized he was in his diaper!  I laughed as I pictured in my head his shorts thrown halfway across the room in his fury.  When I went up to get my now rested sweet boy out of his crib awhile later, my suspicions were confirmed.  His shorts were laying in the middle of the room.  And the first thing he said to me when I walked in?  "I want to wear sweatpants."

1 comment:

mmncgrand said...

Cute story. Persistent Mommy, good job Sonya. Keep up the good work.