Saturday, April 27, 2013

Looking Forward to the Weekend!

Ahhh!!!  This feels nice!  I'm up by myself this Saturday morning.  This never happens.  But I was totally exhausted lasted night and made myself go to bed after putting Josh down just after eight.  What happens every night is we put the boys to bed and I feel like I could fall into mine, but then after getting the house picked up, talking with Matt about necessary things like plans, budgets or just decisions that need to be made about something seemingly important, purposeful and also useless time on the iPad, more time chatting with Matt as we get ready for/and lay in bed, feeding Josh because he has woken up hungry...it's usually not until midnight (or later) until we fall asleep!  With the waking again of Josh another 3-4 hours later after I fall asleep, and then again in another few hours, I have determined I am sleep deprived.  And it's slowly taking me down!

Anyway, so this is where going straight to our room for a shower and getting ready for bed came in last night after putting Josh down.  Of course, Nathan was crying for me to rock with him a few minutes around 8:30 and Matt came came in our room to do his work by me in bed because he knows sometimes I just can't go to sleep until he does...so by the end of it all I might have fallen asleep by 9:30.  But this is still REALLY good for me!  We determined to have Josh sleep last night for longer intervals as every time we have gotten him on track, life happens with having visitors, late nights after small group, taking an Ikea trip, etc. and his eating and sleeping schedules are thrown off.  It's so hard for me to let him cry (actually, it's blood-curling screams now) when I know he is hungry.  But last night he woke up at 10:30 (yes, right after I fell asleep) and we let him cry for probably 45 minutes until he fell asleep.  Then he woke up again at 1:00 screaming bloody murder once more.  This boy has some LUNGS!  I fed him then, since it was the 5 hour mark.  And then he actually slept another 5 hours and I fed him at 6!  That is when I couldn't go back to sleep as I felt more rested than I have since, ummm, since I can remember?  Probably since I was around 8 months pregnant with Josh as the sciatic nerve pain began then and started interrupting my sleep along with the frequent restroom visits!

So, that is the long story as to how I find myself up, and enjoying a peaceful Saturday morning alone while all 3 boys in my life snooze away!

I am so excited for the weekend before us...3 days of promised sunshine!!!  Matt worked last weekend so I convinced him to take this coming Monday off.  So excited for some family time and a date tonight!

Okay! On to some pictures from the last few weeks:
Nathan playing baseball with daddy.
 photo IMG_6201_zpsafda498d.jpg

Matt showing him how to swing the bat.
 photo IMG_6206_zpsd4cdb003.jpg

 photo IMG_6209_zps27fe9776.jpg

It's hard to know when to swing!
 photo IMG_6212_zps6a8a9328.jpg

 photo IMG_6217_zpsbbdf9304.jpg

It looks like he hit it here, but in actuality, I think he swung before the ball got to him!
 photo IMG_6220_zps4fdc3fac.jpg

 photo IMG_6228_zpse853972f.jpg

 photo IMG_6228-2_zpsd82ca732.jpg

Mommy & Josh watching the action.
 photo IMG_6245_zps0859bb79.jpg

Nathan sharing his baseball with Josh.
 photo IMG_6252_zps4225ab86.jpg

We decided we needed a tee.  A makeshift tee (from Daddy's leaf blower) until we got one at Wal-Mart.
 photo IMG_6259_zpsc10d58bb.jpg

Spotted something.
 photo IMG_6265_zps7a6d9a73.jpg

 photo IMG_6288_zps04d005c6.jpg

Looking at something on the iPad.
 photo IMG_6300_zpsa8daf49b.jpg

He makes me smile even when he's not trying to.
 photo IMG_6303_zps7ba58b81.jpg

Helping daddy fix a leak from a pipe that froze in the sprinkler system.
 photo IMG_6304_zpscb082ffa.jpg

Good work guys!
 photo IMG_6310_zps26adce44.jpg

After some failed naps (for all 3 of us!) one afternoon. Kids tend to wake up early from naps when they're coughing.  This was a sick week for us. 
 photo IMG_6319_zpse1e923fd.jpg

 photo IMG_6334_zpsc0f91406.jpg

Nathan took Josh's rattle. He doesn't look too sick, does he?
 photo IMG_6344_zps2ed51dc9.jpg

Daddy & Nathan going out somewhere in their boots.  Maybe Sam's?
 photo IMG_6349_zpsa5fd3b2c.jpg

Josh likes to play with Nathan's toys while Nathan is still napping.
 photo IMG_6356_zpsc19425e7.jpg

Yum! Tastes better than my toys!
 photo IMG_6363_zpsc566cab4.jpg

Totally destroying Nathan's train track!
 photo IMG_6378_zps8c09b99d.jpg

Watching basketball.
 photo IMG_6382_zpsc51af48e.jpg

Looking cute in his shirt from Nana.
 photo IMG_6397_zps158945ab.jpg

We went into the new office this week!  It's about 5 minutes from the old one.  Jim hanging out with the boys on the nice leather couch.
 photo IMG_6400_zpsa2d6f0a6.jpg

Josh was quite content with Liz while I got a tour of the office from Denise and Jim kept Nathan occupied.  Nothing like going to work and getting a break!  So grateful for this organization and the people that are a part of it.
 photo IMG_6404_zps409430a3.jpg

 photo IMG_6410_zps82546fe4.jpg
You can see Brayden (and Parker) in a picture behind Liz.  I wrote about him in October 2011.  Liz had twins almost 2 years ago (in July) now.  Parker was born healthy and Brayden was born with some major heart complications.  He lost his fight at around 3 months old.

Three youngest at small group.  Landin, Jonah and Josh!
 photo IMG_6412_zps124305ad.jpg

Lunchtime!
 photo IMG_6432_zps65c17736.jpg

Nathan's expressions are funny.  He's just asking me a question here.  Nothing distressing at all.
 photo IMG_6430_zpsacdb15a8.jpg

Josh is getting better at sitting up.  But he can't be left on his own or he falls as he's playing with things and totally not paying attention to sitting up!
 photo IMG_6439_zps65a2b7b2.jpg

Well, my whole family is up now and eating breakfast...it's almost 9am!  Better go.  Looks gorgeous out.  Looking forward to a weekend of fun!  Hope you all are well!

5 comments:

mmncgrand said...

So good to see some new pictures. As usual they are great. The boys are growing and looking like they love life with Mom and Dad. Keep up the good work. God bless you all.

mmncgrand said...

Nathan has the cutest stances and expressions. He was standing there with the bat just like a pro. And Joshua is getting so big just as cute as he can be. I love seeing pictures of them. It seems like they have grown every time I see a new picture. Love you all. G.J.

mmncgrand said...

Where is everybody. You all are sure missing out on all these cute pictures.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Grandma J, do I count? Checked out the photos, love them! I log in often but I'm usually in "stealth mode" Liz

Matt and Sonya said...

Grandma J! ha ha. Thanks for your comments. I'm happy you like the posts and pictures. We love you!

Mom! Whoa! A comment! You sure do count :) love you.