Saturday, September 24, 2011

Nathan Learning to Walk!

A week and a half ago, Nathan totally surprised me by taking 4 steps! Matt had said before he ha has seen him take a step. Then at small group, the night before the day he showed me what he could do, Mandi said he took 2 steps towards her. I was like, "I've never seen this!" Craig was laughing saying that he is probably walking all over the apartment when I go back to my room and then sits down quick when I come out :)

So on Wednesday (9/14) after small group when I saw he was standing I figured I'd see what everyone was talking about it. I said, "Come to mommy, Nathan." To my surprise, he did! He took four steps, I screamed, and he fell down! ha ha. I think I scared him I was so ecstatic.
Photobucket
Matt just loves that this milestone is recorded with a brush in his hand :) ha ha. He loves carting my brush around. But when Matt is home he ends up with something more manly in his hands...like a tool of some kind :) Or a credit card, like in this video of him taking 8 steps. Not that a credit card is manly...the point is, the boy likes to cart things around with him. This video was the weekend after his 4 steps.

And here's a more recent video of him a few days later showing you more steps, a wave and his "head stand". He waves constantly these days. He thinks it is so fun. He waves, "hi", "bye', "goodnight" and for no apparent reason. When I am trying to get him dressed after a bath and he runs away from me, he will pause at the door to wave first, and then crawl away :)

Last night, Friday, before Josh & Amber came over, Matt had him walking down the hallway and counted 27 steps! It's so fun to watch him learn this new skill. I love watching him wobble around :) This is such a fun stage. But I'm not anxious for him to leave crawling behind yet! See how cute he is when he crawls? This is from a few weeks ago...when football season started!!! Welcome back, football! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He makes me laugh out loud. You are quite an intertainer little guy. AND growing up way too fast. Can he stand on his head without the brace on too? Thanks again for these glimpses of him. G.G.

Matt and Sonya said...

I'm pretty sure he can do it without his band...although he usually has it on so I can't say for sure! He definitely provides some laughs :) You're welcome, Grandma J. Glad you enjoy them!