Thursday, August 18, 2011

Matt's 28th

Matt's birthday was on Wednesday. When he got home from work, Nathan had a gift for him.
Photobucket

Time out for some love.
Photobucket

Opening the gift...
Photobucket

A bike horn? What does this mean?
Photobucket

Nathan doesn't know, but he likes the sound of the horn! :)
Photobucket

So Nathan takes daddy out to the porch for the rest of his gift.
Photobucket
Good thing he didn't notice it hanging on the deck on his way into the apartment.

Daddy is a fan.
Photobucket
Between Matt's parents, Matt's grandparents, me and my parents we got him a GT Avalanche 3.0 with disc brakes. We got it on a good sale! He loves it.

Nathan likes it too :)
Photobucket
I snuck to the bike shop on Saturday while Matt was watching Nathan to give me some "alone time". It fit in the back of the Rav4 with the tires off and then I dropped it off at Craig & Mandi's for a few days. Craig was kind enough to bring it over to our apartment and hang it on the deck on Wednesday afternoon to complete the surprise!

After the bike excitement we went miniature golfing with small group for Matt's birthday, and to celebrate Mandi's which was on Sunday and Brittney's whose birthday is next Saturday (the 27th).
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nathan did great :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

We thought this was an unnecessary addition to the buffalo!
Photobucket

Our small group is good to our kiddo.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Smiles for my little man.
Photobucket

Michael (who is in the Springs for another week before he is finished with the Air Force and moving to Georgia with Dale to start their new life together) gave Nathan his club.
Photobucket
Of course, he liked it.

Nathan was hilarious while a family with 3 kids were waiting for us to finish a hole. He just kept laughing out loud at them. It was so cute. I love his laugh. Once he gets started he just keeps going because we all give him attention when he does it. And he loves that! Must get that from his daddy :)

A little golf time with daddy.
Photobucket

Of course he tries to go for the top of the club.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Group shot by the alien.
Photobucket

Closer.
Photobucket
We missed Kyle, Jen & Jamin. Jamin was getting over some sickness so they stayed home. Thankfully, Jamin is feeling better now! We missed Dale too. She is in California with her family right now but will be joining Michael in a week to head down to Georgia.

After putt-putt we all went back to our place for Blue Bell ice cream. Yumm..cookies 'n cream. And Mandi made a delicious chocolate chip zucchini cake! We also got to talk to Michael more about his service in Afghanistan. Man, we are truly indebted to him and all of the many troops that serve our country.

After everyone left, Matt got to spend some more time with his bike :)
Photobucket

Not to worry, the carpets are getting cleaned next week!
Photobucket

I was so excited to show Matt that I dutifully listened and learned how to take both wheels on and off!
Photobucket

This is no easy feat for me as I am impatient and not a good listener to things that don't interest me. But I thought I needed to know how in case I was going to have to put them back on without help.
Photobucket
It really isn't that hard. But I was still impressed with myself anyway.

Matt loved spinning the wheels fast and then braking. They IMMEDIATELY stop. It's ridiculous how well disc brakes work!
Photobucket
I'm so excited for Matt as he has been wanting a bike like this for years. Thanks to everyone who contributed to make this happen. He is beyond ecstatic. He took a ride tonight and came back sweaty and very happy :)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Oooh, a chocolate chip zucchini cake - that sounds wonderful!! I've made some zucchini lemon zest cookies a couple times that are pretty tasty. We have a big old zucchini here at the Crayon Box that needs to be used up but I'm wondering if it would get eaten tonight if I made a cake.

Marilyn said...

It is so awesome that you guys keep us posted on all your happeings. Love Gram Berry

Matt and Sonya said...

Did you make the cake, Nicole?

Grandma, I guess it's the next best thing to you actually experiencing things with us. Miss you!! Heard you had some experiences yourself last week while we were away. Hoping to catch up with you this week! love you.