Monday, January 19, 2009

A Weekend in Edwards

Matt and I went to Edwards, Colorado this weekend to visit some good friends...the Otts. Jenny Ott (now Showalter) and I went to college together but really got to be friends when we both worked as Admissions Counselors at Indiana Wesleyan University. Once Matt and I got married I went to work for her dad, Gary Ott, in Indianapolis. Gary is the CEO of TLC, the company that owned Angels of Mercy Home Health Care. It was such a blessing to have Jenny make me aware of the marketing opportunity with Angels almost three years ago! This is Matt and I with Jenny and Daniel (Jenny's husband) when we went sledding! See that puppy jumping up at me? He was romping around with another puppy, a golden retriever, the whole time we were out in the snow. They were so cute! This one kept climbing on the sled with me so I took him for a ride down the hill :)
Daniel started his own photograpy business about a year ago. He is INCREDIBLY talented and has been doing some commercial photography in Indianapolis. He took pictures of the new Indianapolis airport and Reed Hospital in Richmond Indiana. Check out his website. It is pretty impressive!

Matt and I actually visited them at their vacation home last December when we made a trip to Colorado. It's becoming a traditional annual visit! Connie, Jenny's mom wants us to stay longer next year and hit the slopes with them! The Ott's are such a wonderful, warm and fun family. Jenny's two brother's, their wives and children were all there together. We played games, went shopping, went sledding, ate delicious meals and caught up on life! Unfortunately, these are the only two pictures we took. I can't believe I didn't even take pictures of Jackson, Isaac or Syndey...the grandchildren! They were pretty cute!
Thanks for a great weekend, Daniel & Jenny!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! I am glad you were able to get together! Jenny and I are going to try and get together for lunch. I really wish you could make the trip too! If you are able you're welcome to come! It would make my whole year! I will call you soon, I have lots to tell you! Traci

mmncgrand said...

Grandpa and I worked with an Ott at Crest. Her name is Phyllis Ott and she is married to Rick Ott. Wondered if they are anyrelation to Jenny.