Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Birthday Hike with Amazing Ladies

Sarena had the great idea to celebrate each lady's birthday in our small group this year...with JUST the ladies!  In our busy lives with littles and extended families living near and far, it takes great effort to make this happen!  So far we celebrated Julie's birthday earlier this year with facials at Sarena's house and mine in June.  A hike was my choosing!  We went to Spruce Mountain Trail.


Can you feel the love?


We did a lot of talking once we got to the top...and on the way up, and the way down!  That's what we do! Sarena also has us tell the birthday girl what we admire or appreciate about her.  They all were so sweet and I was humbled as they spoke.  I also wanted to interject with why they were wrong about what they were saying...but I refrained!  I appreciate their grace.  But I REALLY appreciated that they all made that day happen.  Saturdays are precious to us all with the way summer weekends get booked up.  I was so grateful they all could do it!


Group shot at the top!

I am truly thankful for these girls and looking forward to celebrating Sarena this July, Brittney in August and Jen's 30th in October!  Seriously, I am grateful for them.  Good girl friends have been difficult for me to find or maintain or something my entire life.  This is probably mostly my issue but as I see our friendships grow I really do wonder if living life together over the years can't be overlooked.  Lasting friendships don't just happen over night.  In this world of extreme busyness and raising kids separately and comparison...friendships seem to suffer.   We're not a perfect group of ladies but I do so hope these friendships only grow as time moves on.  Grow in love, and mutual respect and grace for each other.  But most importantly I hope that the bond is strengthened as we all grow more in relationship and trust of Jesus as we raise our children and love our husbands in this turbulent culture that is turning their hearts from God.

My!  I don't think I have ever felt the love so much as this birthday.  I told this to Sarena who dropped off balloons and a card to me on my birthday when my dad and Colin were here.  Then the following week we went on a Jeep ride and a walk (around our church...what could be safer, right?) while our husbands put the boys down for bed and she treated me to ice cream!


I had a good start to year 32! I still want to groan when I punch that number into the treadmill though! ha!

No comments: