Monday, July 15, 2013

4th of July

The Fourth!
 photo IMG_0613_zps72fcde0e.jpg

Because Nathan thought his picture should be taken also.
 photo IMG_0614_zpsfe99c155.jpg

Josh crawling under Nathan's chair.
 photo IMG_0615_zps4066d19c.jpg

Playing cars on the couch.
 photo IMG_0621_zps08f649b0.jpg

Matt worked the 4th of July and it started off with me still not feeling too good and being a little lightheaded from taking too much Sudafed!  Thankfully, Nathan was super sweet and let me relax while Josh took his first nap :)  It was a nice morning.
 photo IMG_0499_zps4aacf954.jpg

After Josh woke up...I got a burst of energy! Must have been that Sudafed :)  Jen had texted me earlier to let me know what time their family was going to the pool.  So I was trying to make it over there while they were there!  But, Josh took a long nap and I knew it was a slim chance they would still be there when we were ready.  So I just planned to drop Josh at VillaKids so I could only have one kid to watch at the pool!

Great plan...except that when we got there we found out the Kid's Club was closed early for the 4th!  Well, we were out of the car, gear in hand, so I thought we'd just go in and see what I could make of it.  Right before exiting the changing rooms we spotted Kyle & Jen and the boys getting ready to leave!  So grateful for this because Jen let me borrow a swim diaper, shirt, sunscreen (yep, I forgot it!) and a hat for Josh!  I didn't have any pool stuff for him because I was planning on him being in the Kid's Club.  They wished me good luck and I headed to the pool with the two of them!

Amazingly, it went really great!
 photo IMG_0506_zps81c4f54b.jpg
See the swim floatie Nathan is wearing?  That was a big part of it being easier than expected. But also, I think because I told Nathan that we were going to try it, even if we were only there a few minutes, he was on his best behavior!  :)  Even through the changing and showering process afterwards!

We are on a break here because someone either pooped or threw up in the pool.  I know, nice.
 photo IMG_0513_zpsb0de2e92.jpg

So we went inside!
 photo IMG_0521_zps77848c40.jpg

 photo IMG_0522_zps399d4cee.jpg

Matt came home that evening and we planned to get ice cream and watch fireworks with Kyle & Jen and the boys.  Unfortunately, while we were driving around killing time before then it was obvious Josh wasn't going to make it for such late festivities.  He was screaming in the car and really needed sleep.  So I went home with him and sent Nathan and Matt because I didn't want Nathan to miss it!  It was really good I did because the fireworks didn't even start until 10:30...while Josh was happily sleeping in his crib :)

Matt took a really cute video of Nathan chasing Jamin around YoYogurt.  I guess they were chasing and pinching each other.  It eventually got called "sharking"-short for a shark bite. Check it out here.

Here they are getting ready for the show.  Jamin gave Nathan a beach ball he got a Villa earlier that day.
 photo IMG_0624_zps3684e338.jpg

 photo IMG_0629_zps095700d6.jpg

 photo IMG_0630_zps72627221.jpg

Nathan wanted Jen to hold his hand :)
 photo IMG_0627_zps7d0a718c.jpg
He is so crazy about this family.  All day long he plays with his cars and he talks about "Jen's car" and Kyle's 4 jeeps", and that they are going to the beach, etc.  It's so cute.

Daddy & Nathan.
 photo IMG_0632_zpsd1db595c.jpg
I'm so grateful for this awesome dad!  He still had a lot of work to do once he got home that night to finish up documentation for his start of cares.  And he had to work the next day and all weekend!  But he gave Nathan a great night anyway.

Watching the fireworks!
 photo IMG_0637_zps70805b0e.jpg

Nathan came back with a full report.  He really enjoyed himself.
 photo IMG_0634_zps2e02ea80.jpg

No comments: