Sunday, February 5, 2012

Some Pics before Indy

I thought I would post a few recent pics of Nathan before we leave for Indianapolis this Wednesday! I hate going on a trip and then coming back REALLY behind! So, grandparents in the midwest, you get one more post before you see your grandson. Grandparents out east, this might be it for about another week (unless I take some in the next 2 days that find time to put up) Enjoy!

It snowed last week so of course we had to drive somewhere in it. I think we went to Louie's Pizza this night. Getting ready to go. Daddy getting the water ready. You can't go anywhere out here without taking some water! I love how it looks like Nathan's hands are on his hips here.
Photobucket

All bundled up!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

For some reason, this made me laugh. So I had to take his picture as we were pulling out of the garage...have I mentioned that I LOVE having a garage?! it is SO nice when the weather is like this!
Photobucket

It took me a second to realize what Nathan was doing here...
Photobucket
We were picking out paint colors for our interior and I had several samples that I was putting up against the walls and fireplace to decide colors. A color consultant from Kwal Paint (free service! awesome, right?) came over and we were doing this together as well. I guess Nathan took notice because he was putting my samples up against the fireplace here! Cute, right?

"What do you think of this one, mama?"
Photobucket
I started saying, "Oooh, Nathan. That one looks great!" So now he has been doing this for the last few days. He puts it up there and goes, "Ooooh!!!" Daddy came home today from seeing his second patient (he had to work this weekend) and he found Nathan by the fireplace pushing paint samples up against he wall...the same place he found Nathan after getting home from his FIRST patient earlier today! He said, "Again? Buddy, I think you just need to make up your mind on what color you like!" ha ha. It made me laugh.

He cracks himself up.
Photobucket
You'll notice several paint colors on the wall behind. Don't pay too close attention to the colors, they aren't exactly accurate in this picture. But there are paint samples ALL over our house right now! We have light coming into our home in so many different places in different ways I had to put it everywhere to be sure I was okay with the color in all of the different lighting. Basically, we are looking for a cooler tan color and want to get away from the yellow undertones in our current paint color. And, I want to get rid of the brown!

Matt changed our ceiling fan out last week. We didn't love the one that was in there. Not to mention the remote wasn't left and we couldn't turn the light on it! Of course, we were planning to replace it anyway, so it didn't really matter. Otherwise, we could have just purchased a remote.
Photobucket

Matt installing the new one.
Photobucket

Looks much better with our "work in progress" gray bedroom! We have chosen our paint colors for this room as well.
Photobucket
He did a great job! I was highly impressed.

Nathan's excitement for fans is ALREADY ridiculous. In every room of ours that has a fan he points at them and goes, "Oooh, Oooh, Oooh!" begging us to turn it on, sometimes even crying when we don't. Needless to say he noticed our new fan right away and got all excited. And then he found the remote. He's in heaven. I have a video of this, but Matt hasn't even seen it yet, so it might be awhile until it is posted, we are still so far behind on those things! They take a long time to prepare and upload.
Photobucket

We got quite a bit of snow on Friday night so Matt took Nathan out with him to shovel and then go for a ride on the sled. Getting bundled up.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Nathan cracking up as Matt is putting his boots on. He was making the grunting noise as if he was trying to get them on his feet (I do this when I put them on, so he imitates that noise now!) I know what you're thinking Mom. And I almost bought the next size up since they are on sale now, but they really do still fit on his feet!
Photobucket

Let's go!
Photobucket

See ya, Mommy!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Matt took Nathan out back on the trail when he was done shoveling. He pulled Nathan on the sled and would run back and forth. Nathan loved it! He kept laughing out loud and signing for "more, more, more!"

3 comments:

Deb said...

Can.not.wait!!! Just sayin.

mmncgrand said...

I am so happy to see more pictures. We heard you had snow. Uncle Jerry will be happy. He said it is so boring without it. See you soon.

Gram said...

So nice to see the snow and know Nathan is enjoying it. Have a safe trip to Indy. Praying for you all. Love