Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve morning...
Photobucket

Matt & I decided to sleep on the living room floor by the fire the night before and when Nathan got up in the morning he had a good time climbing around the air mattress. And being tossed up by daddy.
Photobucket


Happy boy.
Photobucket

:)
Photobucket

Nathan's first shiner.
Photobucket
It actually looked worse before it looked better! This isn't from being tossed up by daddy. It actually happened a few days before while were over at the house cleaning. He fell into a plastic bin/basket that I brought his toys over in and the edge and corner hit all along the bottom of his eye and above his nose. He tripped on something and fell into it :( He looks like a tough guy now!

We went over to Kyle's parents for their family Christmas Eve again this year. For some reason, I only took two pictures. And they aren't great but you'll get the idea. We all went upstairs to listen to some carolers that rang the doorbell!
Photobucket

In their basement playing with all of Jamin's cousins! Actually, Nathan isn't even in this particular picture but you can see Jamin in the red shirt!
Photobucket
We are grateful for this family and their willingness to invite us to their family celebration! We always enjoy being with them.

After being with the VanHorn's we went home and put Nathan to bed, and Matt and I wrapped some gifts!
Photobucket

Matt's favorite Christmas gift for Nathan under the tree..."Swoop" the Eagles mascot as a pillow pet.
Photobucket
Mom helped me to get a great deal on this while we were in Pennsylvania! You saw it smooshed in the air bag in a previous post.

Photobucket

Often when I was young, we would celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve. We would read the Christmas story and open all of our gifts. Opening stockings happened on Christmas morning. There was something festive about celebrating at night with all of the pretty lights. So Matt and I decided to do a little celebrating ourselves on Christmas Eve.
Photobucket

We broke out the Sparkling Cider that Ashley gave us to say "Congrats on your new home!"
Photobucket

Two fires :)
Photobucket

We exchanged our gifts to each other.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Fake excitement when I realized the box is a disguise. We own this speaker...actually, two of them. I doubted he was giving me a 3rd for Christmas.
Photobucket

Sweet! A new and faster card for my camera. I hate getting the busy signal when I'm taking pics of people!
Photobucket

Matt's was kind of a pseudo gift because what I went to buy him Lowe's was out of stock of. He liked this gift, but ultimately we chose a drill bit set that was larger and nicer. I kind of grabbed this because I had no idea what else to buy him and Nathan was grabbing at all of the tools!
Photobucket

His parents got him a Kobalt drill for Christmas so he has been having fun with it and a few other tools he got with there money...including the drill bit set. So thanks, Dad & Mom Witt! I really should take a picture of him using the drill. He is so happy using it.

Photobucket

This is the tool we did end up getting him from me. Guys will understand why this is so cool. Apparently, they have been sold out everywhere. We got super lucky that when we went to Lowe's they had one in the back that had been returned or something. Now they are saying they won't be back until April. Although, I believe you can still order them online. Anyway, he's a happy man with his tools!

1 comment:

mmncgrand said...

I looked not expecting to have anything new to see but got to see some new pictures of our Co family. LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD A FUN CHRISTMAS.